I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: I wanna defeat the Darkness (old name: I wanna be in color)  (Read 24936 times)

Darkylight

• View Profile
I wanna defeat the Darkness (old name: I wanna be in color)
« on: October 02, 2011, 01:26:25 pm »

UPDATE

PROGRESS

Update 27 Oct 2011
-Finally redesigned the engine without bugs, crashes, now is operative without lag and with fucking good graphics, I thought much levels for the game, I have music for most of the thought levels. And I have the finally Idea for Special Stages. First Cutscene finished and perfect engine with new type of saves and effects, film grain, lights, shadows, minor effects and good traps for every room.

Here are new screenshoots

Obiusly film grain, effects and more graphics are deactivable and activable ;)

The reason of why I'm taking a lot of time to make the demo is because I stop in every detail of the game to make it better possible. I think all the people will like it :)

Difficulty is balanced (starts a little bit easy for players with experience) and turns hard with the different chapters.

There are 5 extra levels if you finish the game with 0% or 25% etc... to 100% of the special stages finished.

Every special stage is in a extrange enviovement in subrealism, for example falling up (like apples xDDD). Every special stage have difficult a little bit elevated because they are secrets.

Come on, wait for the demo, I will take like 2 months but I will finish it and I will post in... aproximate December or January (I hope). Please comment from the new updates. Sorry if I don't put video because I want to make the game surprise :D

Here are the chapters.

The Beggining

-Forest 25% - Boss: Spi-demon - Special Stage 99% - Boss: Bumblebee
-The Cave 2% - Boss: Butterfly
-The volcano 0% - Boss: Fenix (or Phoenix in English)

Hating paranormal
-Prison 0% - Boss: Unknow
-Enchanted Mansion 1% - Boss: Unknow
-Witch's Dimension 1% - Boss: Witch

Over Clouds

-Skysland 1% - Boss: Dark Nyan Cat
-OVNI 0% - Boss: Ridley
-Skychase 10% (3D touhou style level) - Boss: Mecha Spi-demon

The last chance

-Time Tower 3% - Boss: Unknow
-Stairway to Darkness 1% - Boss: Unknow
-Erase 2% - Boss: The Lord of Darkness

Demo 6%

Total levels for the game: 26. With special stages 47. And 47 bosses in total.
Around 12 min per level.

Story

The Humanity was much time alive of danger but one day The Lord of Darkness tried to take out an evil plan to make his own world. He decided to remove the world using the darkness and remake it for be the god of the new world.

The Kid started the journey to find the Lord of Darkness, he asked to Tails to fly to the sky and go to the DarkLands but the plane suffered an accident and the kid fell on the island.

Graphics

Most graphics will not be pixelated, will be in HD from classical and not classical games remade for HD.

Lighting and Shadows.

Fogs and flashlight, candles etc...

Disable and enable effects if your pc is slow.

Difficulties

Easy: Have all saves, no hard spikes and easier things, have danger sings and less life for bosses.
Medium: Have all saves, no hard spikes and easier things, but not have danger sings and normal life for bosses.
Medium-hard: Have all saves, hard spikes and hard things, not have danger sings and hard life for bosses.
Hard: Have half part of saves, hard spikes and hard things, not danger sings and hard life for bosses.
Impossible: the same than hard but without saves.

Sound

Sfx, ambience and more in the game, for example the fire, if you are near you can hear it, if you are not near you will not hear it.

About music, the music are remakes from classical games, megaman, sonic, mario etc... in 8bit.

Gameplay

Spikes, platforms, invisible blocks... well, that was for the iwbtg and the fangames. So in all the levels you will find much more traps, for example rocks movables to go higher, lianas, doors with keys, etc...

Another thing is that there are archievements, and there are 21 special stages to get all the light candys. At the end of the game, if you finish the game with 25% or 50% etc...% you will unlock some extra maps for fun.

There are 3 saves, and the game starts easy, progressing in the game it will be harder and there are more than 1 way to go to the goal, secrets and more.

Every zone have 1 Big Boss that have one diamond, if you beat it you will go to the next zone. Every zone have 3 stages with 3 bosses.

In total, about 26 stages (4 extras)

You will be able to find and use various pistols, including the fire pistol.

Big maps and big levels, with much traps (about 15 min to beat one stage I think).
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 04:10:22 pm by Darkylight »

SirRouven

• I like Touhou.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: I wanna be in Color
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 01:33:18 pm »

In my opinion it looks like it has potential.
I like the idea of your story and the beginning level seems like a good start for a game.

You made not much for the moment but keep up the work. Maybe you create a good game.

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
  • What. I'm busy right now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 01:53:09 pm »

Hi I'm Valkama, I'm going to be the person to tell you my blunt opinion on your game and it will usually be the opposite of what everyone else things give or take a few people.

Anyway the only things I'm really going to say (considering you don't have much to show) is to not use invisible blocks as progressive tools. I'm fine with it blocking your path at that one part (although don't use them too much if you are going to use them to just be a dick) but don't make them important for progression. Secrets are fine also as long as they aren't abused.

The other thing I will say is I hope where you start out now is not where you are going to start in the final product. One of the more difficult things in making games is knowing how to make a first room. Your first room in this test build looks more like something that should be placed half way into an area. Try to give your first room a more innocent look.

Wolsk

• Wolsky McKitty :3
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 03:30:10 pm »

So this is a fangame about the 1950s?

Also, it looks alright so far.
Please don't mess it up.
Get good beta testers.

And +1 to using MMF2.
yeah
ebola is super funny lol
EBOLA (i still lmfao)

[redacted]

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 03:32:14 pm »

I like how its not in color, I like it so far.

Darkylight

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 03:51:07 pm »

Thanks for comments :D

Valkama, I reduced using the invisible blocks ;).

Now I tested some decoration and fog for the level, it looks good I think, some danger sings and a little bit more of playability (8 rooms).

I will make some rooms before that to get together story with levels and change title screen in one future.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:52:47 pm by Darkylight »

Mitt Romney

• I'm Mitt Romney, and I approve this forum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 04:17:17 pm »

I like the fog effect, though you should restrict it to certain levels only, maybe to distract the player.

[redacted]

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 04:41:29 pm »

Can we please have alpha when boss 1 is done?

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 04:58:49 pm »

Why are the saves and danger signs in colour?

Kinata

• What, we're supposed to play games for FUN?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 06:13:29 pm »

Good designers are more likely to use difficult languages than bad ones, so the fact that this guy uses MMF2 is indirect evidence that this game may be good.

However, judging from the video, it looks like this game relies a lot on memorization like spike triggers and invisible blocks, so that is a bad sign. There are some nice gimmicks though that have potential if the creator thinks of enough clever uses for them.
Disclaimer:

This author is not responsible for any headaches, frustration, blindness, high blood pressure, or suicides resulting from this post.

Read at your own risk.

Darkylight

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 06:18:17 pm »

MF2 is harder to use but arguably more powerful than Game Maker. We know that MMF2 games definitely aren't made with IWBTE.
>implying IWBTE makes bad games

Mark, good games are made by good game designers. I've seen games made with Gamemaker that are shitty. I've seen many games made with MMF2 that are shitty. I've seen games made with MMF2 that are good. I've seen games made with Gamemaker that are good. The program doesn't matter. The engine you use doesn't matter. Good games are made by good game designers. The reason no good game has ever been made with IWBTE is because we don't have any good game designers that use IWBTE.

Also I'm not sure where you heard MMF2 is more powerful when you get good at it but Game Maker is just as powerful as MMF2, both programs just take the proper know how to use correctly.

Also C++/C# is more powerful than either Game Maker or MMF2.

On Topic: Alright good. Just don't make the bosses shitty and work on your level design and we may have a decent fangame.

I made totally the engine by myself.

Saves and Danger sings are in color because like tells the story, the world not have colours but, much things have colours, you need to recuperate it, and saves and colour sings are not from the world, is for help player, not really from the world.

Neko Desu

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 06:58:33 pm »

MF2 is harder to use but arguably more powerful than Game Maker. We know that MMF2 games definitely aren't made with IWBTE.

Mark, good games are made by good game designers. I've seen games made with Gamemaker that are shitty. I've seen many games made with MMF2 that are shitty. I've seen games made with MMF2 that are good. I've seen games made with Gamemaker that are good. The program doesn't matter. The engine you use doesn't matter. Good games are made by good game designers. The reason no good game has ever been made with IWBTE is because we don't have any good game designers that use IWBTE.

I know that. The majority of fangames on this board are made with Game Maker and the majority of fangames on this board are bad. However, the few MMF2 fangames I've seen don't seem to suck as much

Darkylight

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 09:36:31 pm »

I know that. The majority of fangames on this board are made with Game Maker and the majority of fangames on this board are bad. However, the few MMF2 fangames I've seen don't seem to suck as much

The majority of kids don't know how to make good games. (When I say kids I mean 13 and under)
WAIT WAIT WAIT
Your saying everyone under 13 doesn't know how to make games!
Just so you know I'm 12...(I'm going to reget saying that[Basically because I know if Valkama reads this post I know what he is going to say])

Majority does not equal 100% moron. But you have already proven to me that you can't make a good game so yeah.

I think this quote and discussion about game maker and another ways for make games need to be finished xD. Back to the thread, I'm looking for make it better possibly using effects, graphics, music, story, secrets and gameplay.

My jungle tiles sucks for now xD, i need to change it.

Well, here is a little bit of information about the game.

-There are 5 difficulties:

Easy: Have all saves, no hard spikes and easier things, have danger sings and less life for bosses.
Medium: Have all saves, no hard spikes and easier things, but not have danger sings and normal life for bosses.
Medium-hard: Have all saves, hard spikes and hard things, not have danger sings and hard life for bosses.
Hard: Have half part of saves, hard spikes and hard things, not danger sings and hard life for bosses.
Impossible: the same than hard but without saves.

Graphics:

-Will be fog and illumination in some places, colours will be in some zones but not much to see.

Sound and Music:

-For now, i'm looking for NES games in vgmusic to make 8bit remakes for the game.
-Original Game Over music.
-Original sounds with some new sounds.

Story:

Somebody stole the colours from the world, the world became gray and the Kid will be the hero again in this adventure. He will cross much places to get the 6 diamonds, that is for open the way to the last zone, the rainbowlands, where "somebody" is waiting to the Kid.

Another thing is the Kid need to restaure the colours, so he need to find too the 72 colour candys, in the rainbowlands he need to use it for restaure the colour in the world.

He needs to beat some bosses (in one future i will think in it) for get the diamonds.

But who or what stole the colours?

Gameplay:

The game start normal, not much hard, it is easy for pro gamers so i made the medium-hard difficulty, its like medium but with hard things for pro. The game will become harder with the progression in the game.

Spikes, Invisible Blocks, Enemys, water, fire... Much things will be in this game.

Again... Secrets too!! And the best secret of all if you beat impossible mode... or hard mode :) (because impossible is like you need to be super prah man).

Progression of the jungle: 8/20 rooms.

[redacted]

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2011, 10:03:08 pm »

Again I say, when can we expect a demo?

Darkylight

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2011, 10:19:49 pm »

Again I say, when can we expect a demo?

I'm mapping very fast so I think 2 weeks maximum? I think, I cant say exact.

In the first demo will be the jungle with the boss, first candy colours and first diamond, 1 secret (posibly).

I need like 20 rooms to make the first boss first.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6