I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 52

Author Topic: The "My Save is fucked!" Thread *READ FIRST POST*  (Read 233214 times)

Kayin

• Well.. They're more like giant cherries...
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
The "My Save is fucked!" Thread *READ FIRST POST*
« on: December 11, 2007, 05:58:11 am »

If you have an issue with a save fucking up your game and putting you into an unescapable situation, post it here and upload the file so I can see what the fuck is wrong with it. I'll either fix or replace it.

Sorry to anyone who gets inconvienced by this.

If it takes me more then 24 hours to respond, feel free to post again, PM me or just be a pest until I do my job.

-Rules for submission-

IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS WITH SAVES LOADING TO THE WRONG PLACe, LIKE MECHA BIRDO TO TYSON OR ANYTHING ELSE, REDOWNLOAD THE GAME

Save must be FUCKED, or reasonably so. You gotta die with no escape or exhibit properties unrelated to your actions(Like the big bold statement). If you somehow screwed up and lost time while trying to find items or end up having to do a segement over because you fell or something and for some reaosn saved.. well. Thats too bad. If your game does not load for some reason, sorry. That is not within the realm of fixes I'm offering.

-Posting-

Post your save ONLY using the boards built in attachment option, unless for some reason you are unable.. But be sure to mention that you couldn't. Anyways, it's under additional options under full posting mode. You cannot attach files from the quick reply box. The easiest way to get to full posting mode is to click the preview button for your post.

Attach ONLY the game#.sav. I do not care about images. Do not zip or otherwise compress it.

Depending on the circumstances, if you do not abide by this, I may not fix your save until you do so.

UPDATE: There is now a save fixing program you can download here to fix fucked saves yourself.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 08:35:20 pm by SilentLoner »

KarateExplosion

• View Profile
Re: The "My Save is fucked!" Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 12:08:18 am »

Okay, I guess I'll put it here.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/13u4oj

MisterHomes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 12:12:40 am »

Just got to the fortress, saved, died and then when I started again I couldn't move. Also the game over screen was off centre when I suicided'dddd

Included a picture

Xylon Lionheart

• Maieusiophilia!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 12:42:08 am »

Jump immediately after you start the new file.

MisterHomes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 03:45:17 am »

Perfect. Annoying as hell, though :p

Vimes

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 09:31:26 pm »

Save got fucked right before Mecha Birdo. Dropped down to the next screen before the bullet hit the save point and now Mecha Birdo doesn't spawn.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 09:34:54 pm by Vimes »

shiryu22

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 07:18:14 am »

After beating Zangief, I was attempting to jump on the first descending block and accidentally saved during. Now, it reloads with me in the air and me unable to jump on the block or back on the left platform, putting me in an infinite death loop :(

Jish

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 01:30:59 am »

I just completely screwed myself over. On the screen after Mecha-Birdo, I got past the spinning floor and then wanted to try and save, so I jumped to the side and shot the save box. But now whenever I load the game, I immediately fall to my doom with no chance of jumping to safety.

Here's my save: http://fast.filespace.org/Jish/IWBTG_save.zip

If it's impossible to actually recover from this, I'd really appreciate a new save file. It was on Hard difficulty with Kraidgief, Bowser, Dracula, Tyson, and Birdo all beaten, and the last save used was the one in the post-Birdo room.

Curiously, the antenna on Birdo was already destroyed when I fought it. Has anyone encountered this glitch before?

Kayin

• Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 01:31:40 am »

I can recover from it. WITH HACKS. So it'll be your same save.

Edit:

Shiryu, theres your game.

Jish, use the on the board attachment feature. I'm getting errors from your link. It's under 'additional options'. Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 01:38:27 am by Kayin »

Jish

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 01:41:57 am »

Ok, here it is. And thanks a lot for the speedy reply - I'm completely addicted to this game.

Kayin

• Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2007, 01:47:12 am »

Kay kay, here ya go.

Two dangerous saves found, two fixed. Thanks a bunch.

Jish

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2007, 01:51:43 am »

Sweet! Thanks a lot.

shiryu22

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2007, 04:56:49 am »

Goddamn, Kayin, you made a great game. AND you just showed some technical support. Goddamn, man. That's really great - really, really great. Zomgz I'm using proper caps must stop now. but yeah, amazing, man. THANKS SO MUCH. you've given me great joy.

and iwstk is very fun as well. you're really quite creative. it adds a puzzle element that's oh-so-addictingly-and-beautifully frustrating. can't wait for a full version. i think i'm a video game masochist. anyone ever try beating Shinobi on the PS2 with joe musashi on the hardest setting? good luck.

but i digress. thanks very much kayin.

Kayin

• Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2007, 05:05:30 am »

I doubt there will be a full version quite ever. It's really a game I can keep adding crap to.

JerkDouglas

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2007, 10:54:52 pm »

www.gichrist.com/stuff/game1.sav

I saved over a springy couch that threw me into a ceiling just after beating Mother Brain, who was the last normal boss.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 52