I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Donation Button up  (Read 37294 times)

Kayin

• Well.. They're more like giant cherries...
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
Donation Button up
« on: December 01, 2007, 07:32:08 pm »

The donation tag works now, in case any of you poor shmucks wanna send money to another poor shmuck. There is absolutely zero pressure, but I figured you should all know.

I'm also thinking of putting in google ads. Thoughts? I don't wanna MUCK EVERYTHING UP, so I wanna ask first.

Also working on The Guy. It'll be good. Don't worry. :D

Edit: Ads are up. Clearly. I'm officially a sell out now. The sad thing is that I can't tell Adsense "No, we don't care abouti plumbing, we care about video games and technology." Not that I expect anyone to actually click anything. We're all SMART PEOPLE here, much to my wallets misfortune. Ah well. I'll see how this goes.

Edit Edit: Maybe it's trying to say my game is shit. Hmmmm.......! Gotta add these to the forums eventually. They might actually say somehting RELEVANT there.

Edit Edit Edit: I also just realized ha tthe site never gives any indication about the game or what it's about. While I was originally thinking about the ads with this I then realized anyone who came here would be clueless. I need a front page paragraph to describe the horrors of this game, but I don't feel fit to write it. Anyone willing to give a hand?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 03:17:33 pm by Kayin »

Tristan

• View Profile
Re: Donation Button up
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 03:24:09 am »

How dare you add a donation button!  The nerve..

Kidding.  Uhh, well.  I would donate but I'm poor also.  I'll donate my love for your game though, will that be fine?

Robert the small

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 03:42:38 am »

Google Ads wouldn't be too bad, seeing as they are non-intrusive.   Pop ups would be terrible though.

Kayin

• Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 05:21:19 am »

I would never use popups. Or those little 'door way' ads. D: Those are awful!

But yes, love and support is more than sufficient.

Kayin

• Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 03:18:06 pm »

blahblahblah ads blahblahblah writing for front paragraph blahblahblah help blahlbhalbah read the first post.

kthx!

kedrek

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 05:10:40 pm »

I wanna be the guy is about hate.  You load up the first screen, and the hate starts to grow.  You go on the down path because you hate those apples(although they're more like giant cherries...)  You keep your finger on the R key at all times, because no matter how awesome the guitar is, eventually you start to hate that death music.  You turn the fan back on and fly up to the top because you hate monsters that do not belong in this world.  You post on the forums because you hate the creator.  You never stop playing, because you hate yourself.  And then you link it to all your friends, because you hate them too.

Uh, feel free to use all of that or just the good bits
Or none I guess but then WHY WOULD I WRITE IT

Also finish the game faster I'm almost done with the last boss before the castle plus I'm going to throw lots of money at you when the full thing is done

Kayin

• Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 06:02:25 pm »

I'm working on it -- sadly school work is slowing down my productivity. I'm hoping for the end of this week, but I can't make promises. Definitely before next week is up (Schools out, so it'd be GRIND TIME).

kedrek

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 06:14:02 pm »

Before next week is up is great, don't push yourself too hard buddy

you didn't tell me you loved my words now I am all self conscious and doubty

this hurts worse than upwards falling fruit

IammeoramI

• I like peanuts... allot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 06:19:39 pm »

I wanna be the guy is about hate.  You load up the first screen, and the hate starts to grow.  You go on the down path because you hate those apples(although they're more like giant cherries...)  You keep your finger on the R key at all times, because no matter how awesome the guitar is, eventually you start to hate that death music.  You turn the fan back on and fly up to the top because you hate monsters that do not belong in this world.  You post on the forums because you hate the creator.  You never stop playing, because you hate yourself.  And then you link it to all your friends, because you hate them too.

Uh, feel free to use all of that or just the good bits
Or none I guess but then WHY WOULD I WRITE IT

Also finish the game faster I'm almost done with the last boss before the castle plus I'm going to throw lots of money at you when the full thing is done

You have my vote.

Kayin

• Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 06:44:21 pm »

A little too spoilers laden! Though I like the end! It's true!

No one likes to suffer alone!

Makaris

• Worst Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Rock and ROLL. Get it? You will. Oh yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 07:36:09 pm »

I write something eventually if you willing to wait a few days.
:kid:This Signature is worth two The Guys :kid:

FYNDR

• =^0_._0^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 08:06:09 pm »

I wrote a short humorous article about horrendously difficult video games for my college's alternative newspaper a few weeks ago which featured I Wanna Be the Guy.

The summary is as follows:

This game could be best described as an electronic bitchslap. You play as a cape-wearing protagonist named The Kid who, for reasons unknown, wants to be The Guy. So, naturally, he ventures forth into a world where everything can kill you. The preceding sentence was in no way, shape or form an exaggeration: EVERYTHING KILLS YOU. Random spikes rain down from the sky and kill you. Lightning bolts and stars are shot at you from clouds and kill you. Apples fall up… and kill you. Hell, the moon has fallen on me at least 5 times, each time resulting in death (not that I expected anything less). Following this logic, anything as innocent as a flower encountered in I Wanna Be The Guy should pour a liter of hydrochloric acid on The Kid’s crotch and then laugh maniacally as it self-destructs like a thermonuclear warhead.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 08:10:10 pm by FYNDR »
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who make lame ass jokes about binary and those who don't.

Sore Thumb Gaming: http://sorethumbgaming.proboards54.com/
Visit and discuss gaming in all its glorious forms!

Saladan0

• View Profile
Paragraph help thread.
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007, 08:58:43 pm »

Read the front page, ill try and contribute. Anyone else can post theirs as well.

Have you ever jammed a screwdriver in your eye? Have you ever banged your head on your desk or wall repeatedly until blood smeared on the object? If so, get help. If not, then you have probably never experienced anything like this game. You may say "But, thats a good thing if I don't experience that pain and torture." Well to some extent you are right. And to some extend you are a dainty flower wearing wuss. It takes balls to play this game. It take balls to keep playing this game for 5 minutes after starting. It takes balls to stay with it until the very end without quitting or going insane. If you attempt to play this, you will laugh, you will cry, you will probably throw something at your cat in frustration, but when you finish it, you will feel a feeling of satisfaction so beyond this world that you may believe that you are in a dream. But in the end, it all comes down to one question. Do you have the balls to play "I wanna be the guy."?

EDIT: OOPS! Didnt realize that the paragraphs were going in the donation thread. D: Ignore this thread then plz.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 09:18:27 pm by Saladan0 »

finale

• Mind over matter. Personified.
    • View Profile
    • my work number
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2007, 09:11:07 pm »

I Wanna Be The Guy: The Movie: The Game is a sardonic loveletter to the halcyon days of early American videogaming, packaged as a nail-rippingly difficult platform adventure. Players fill the role of The Kid, a youthful, vaguely Megaman-esque protagonist on a quest to become The Guy. This inscrutable plot, however, is just a vehicle for a wide variety of inventive, well-designed and frustrating jump-and-shoot challenges that pay homage to many of the games you loved as a child. The ever-fragile Kid explodes in a shower of red pixels at the slightest brush from the game's many obstacles, from traditional spikes and bottomless pits to more unconventional killers, such as plantlife and tetris blocks. Using a multiroute layout not unlike Super Metroid or Symphony of the Night, the Kid will struggle and die in such diverse locales as Castlevania, Dreamland, and Zebes. The game provides players with achoice in terms of their deathrate, thanks to a variable difficulty setting that changes the number of save points from frequent to nonexistent. IWBTG is open to all players; knowledge of videogaming history is optional, and may not help against the frequently ironic and always sadistic deathtraps located herein. And so, the question is left up to you...

Do YOU have what it takes to be The Guy?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 09:45:19 pm by finale »

Saladan0

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 09:16:17 pm »

Im really sorry I made that thread. I didnt know this is where you put the paragraphs. My apologies, go ahead and delete my thread.
Pages: [1] 2