I Wanna Be The Forums!
October 22, 2014, 08:28:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: The Last Pikeman  (Read 22685 times)
FYNDR

=^0_._0^=

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2008, 11:21:24 am »

Alright, time for a quick update:

Firstly, I have started work on the final path, although it will probably be somewhat longer than the others and will thus take more time to complete. The final boss and end sequence will take a bit of time as well. To be safe, let's just say I am 10% done with the path, not considering the boss and ending.

Secondly, I notice that this latest release of The Last Pikeman has been downloaded almost 100 times. Since the only people who know about it are people who frequent this forum, can anyone tell me why the numbers are so high? I figure someone has had problems in downloading and had to do it 4 or 5 times or something along those lines.

Thirdly, I have heard no feedback from anyone in over two weeks, not even from the beta testers. Has anyone even made it past Grafted Magehand, let alone face off against Ninja Von Ninja? I need specific info from you guys. So, post back ASAP so I know what's good and what's bad.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who make lame ass jokes about binary and those who don't.

Sore Thumb Gaming: http://sorethumbgaming.proboards54.com/
Visit and discuss gaming in all its glorious forms!
Kitty
What a furry.
Administrator
The Guy

ねこみみん is happy.

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2008, 11:10:19 pm »

I kinda really suck, I'm stuck waaaay back.

Happy belated birthday, btw.

So adorable! <333
Quote from: Zuks
Quote from: Cat
I think it's raining.
Are you sure there isn't just some weird sky leak above your head?

Stupermen 7.5

YO I'M BREAD

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2008, 04:16:51 pm »

I need a save after Mcfuture, I was there last time and had to reformat.  These are not good for you
FYNDR

=^0_._0^=

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2008, 10:33:58 am »

I kinda really suck, I'm stuck waaaay back.

Happy belated birthday, btw.

If you require assistance, I can give you vaguely-worded clues that may or may not help you.

Also, thanks for the birthday message  Smiley

I need a save after Mcfuture, I was there last time and had to reformat.  These are not good for you

I have attached the file that you need to this post. Feel free to use it.

Also, I will have a file that picks up from after the battle with Grafted Magehand so that people having trouble with that area can check out the new additions. I just need to make some time for it.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who make lame ass jokes about binary and those who don't.

Kitty
What a furry.
Administrator
The Guy

ねこみみん is happy.

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2008, 12:13:16 pm »

I would love to beat McFuture on my own, but I'm stuck after hitting him twice. I have no idea what to do next.

So adorable! <333
Quote from: Zuks
Quote from: Cat
I think it's raining.
Are you sure there isn't just some weird sky leak above your head?

FYNDR

=^0_._0^=

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2008, 03:18:16 pm »

Higher numbers = more of a spoiler.

1. As you may already know, Jetpack McFuture cannot laser you to death if you jump past him when he is throwing his guns in the air.
2. As you also probably know, after two hits McFuture varies from his usual routine by shooting a mega laser and destroying everything rather than using mines and his jetpack attack.
3. You need to avoid his giant laser by getting above it.
4. As soon as McFuture begins his ascent after being hit for the second time, run toward the right side of the room and get ready to squeak by him as he throws his guns in the air.
5. Oh, and watch out for the oil drum  Grin

Zaraki

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2008, 02:59:16 am »

I made it to MacFuture in about half an hour. That's one hard boss...
FYNDR

=^0_._0^=

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2008, 01:18:58 pm »

All right, because of college starting up I am enacting a brief pause in game development lasting around two weeks or so. In the meantime, attached is a save that continues from after Grafted Magehand.

I apologize for the brevity of this post, but I have to be somewhere 5 minutes ago.

Stupermen 7.5

YO I'M BREAD

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2008, 08:24:11 pm »

There's another way to get past Mcfuture's lazor.

As he jetpacks and drops mines, if you stand between some of them and wait for him to go down and use uber jetpack blast, he won't hit you.
FYNDR

=^0_._0^=

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2008, 08:19:28 am »

Okay, so it's been about a month since I last worked on The Last Pikeman, and so I am starting up game development again. As of this writing, the final path is about 33% done (this does not include the final boss or ending). Since I am currently attending college, the development cycle for The Last Pikeman will be erratic, to say the least. Nevertheless, I hope that all the players out there (especially the beta testers) will bear with me and continue their support.

Expect some sort of update within the next week.

Also, if you are an American (or even if you're not) I suggest watching the Vice Presidential Debates tonight at 9pm ET between Senator Joe Biden and Governor Sarah Palin. I'm sort of a political junkie, especially during the past several months of the election season, so I'd like to mention the debates here so as to get more people tuned in and informed.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 12:54:56 pm by FYNDR » Logged

FYNDR

=^0_._0^=

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2008, 12:55:30 pm »

EMERGENCY UPDATE:

This past weekend was fairly slow, so I was able to complete a significant portion of the game. Without further ado, I give you

THE LAST PIKEMAN VERSION 0.5!
You can find this new version at http://www.yoyogames.com/games/launch/55318.

This latest version has all four paths (as did the last version) along with the final path that leads to the last boss. Neither the final boss nor the ending are included in this version, since I have not worked on those aspects yet.

Also, for your convenience, attached to this post is a save file that continues at the beginning screen with all four bosses defeated. From there, the path is obvious and you can try out the last portion of the game up to the final boss.

Please try out this new addition and tell me what you think of it. A word of forewarning: it is hard. VERY hard. I wouldn't suggest going through all of it in one evening.

Anyways, good luck!

IMPORTANT EDIT: If you downloaded this new version of the game before 1pm U.S. Central Time on October 7th, you MUST download again. I found errors within this last version and had to fix them. Not downloading this newest version will result in not being able to complete certain sections of the game.

IMPORTANT EXTRA EDIT: Turns out I suck at fixing games, because there is code in this last release that can tamper with your save data if you press a certain key (not saying which one) and warps you to a different room. I just now fixed it and set up a new link. If you want to play without the possibility of having your save fucked, I suggest redownloading. Sorry for the inconvenience, which stems largely from my incompetence.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 07:17:11 pm by FYNDR » Logged

FYNDR

=^0_._0^=

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2008, 10:07:20 am »

UPDATE TIME

So, I admit that I haven't really worked on the game much over the past two weeks. I set up the initial confrontation with the final boss, but I still need to make the actual boss battle happen. Given the amount of schoolwork I have had to deal with recently, I am not sure when this will actually occur. Probably sometime this weekend or next week, barring some unforeseen circumstance.

Anyway, to those of you who have played the newest area in the latest release, what do you think of it? For those of you who aren't there yet, I attached a save file to my previous post that picks up from after all four bosses have been defeated. You can then go through the final path up to the room before the final boss. Let me put this in blunt terms, since very few of you have given your comments on the game in any fashion: post here with your thoughts or I'll bash your head in with a shovel. I desperately need the input so as to improve the overall quality of the game, so POST HERE GODDAMMIT.

I suppose that's all for now in terms of an update. If you're lucky, I may have some relevant information in as little as a week from now.

FYNDR

=^0_._0^=

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2008, 02:42:39 pm »

UPDATE:

THE LAST PIKEMAN V.0.6
This version of The Last Pikeman is fully playable, from start to finish, across four different boss paths, along with a final path, final boss encounter, and a credit sequence.

You can find this version of the game at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=42I81K4W. Owing to intolerable upload problems at yoyogames.com, I decided to use megaupload instead for its ease of use.

I started working on this game on February 27th, 2008 and finished the game on October 28th, 2008. That means I have been working on it, on and off, for 245 days, roughly two-thirds of a year. I will probably update the game sometime if it turns out there are significant errors that I did not take care of, but otherwise in all likelihood I will not work on this game again.

Anyway, I would like to thank all of you that supported and commented on this game, although the fact of the matter is that very few of you have made a huge effort in this respect. As you may know, it's been two months since the last person other than me posted here. Even a negative response would have been welcome, since I could at least use the input to improve the game.

At any rate, if there are significant errors with this version of the game, post here. However, do not expect me to update the game any time soon, since I want to fix any and all errors in one fell swoop, should they occur.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 12:10:23 am by FYNDR » Logged

Ellipsis
Ellipsis
The Guy

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2008, 02:49:01 pm »

shit man im sorry that you found us very anoying! I love your game and have been cheaking this foum every time it was updated. Im sorry i didnt post before as that was shit of me :/
I just felt that all i could say was that your game was cool and i probly should of said that but i felt it would be a pointless post Sad
but please know that i think that you work on this game was great!
sorry for not giving you feedback. Sad
By the way the last pike man is deferntly in my top 3 favert game with iwbtg and the werid japernese one.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 02:56:36 pm by Shanee753 » Logged
Akutsi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2008, 03:49:10 pm »

Im sorry too  Embarrassed

I really think The Last Pikeman is one of the best freeware games  Smiley

My english is bad
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: