I Wanna Be The Forums!
December 21, 2014, 06:35:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: The Last Pikeman  (Read 22977 times)
FYNDR

=^0_._0^=

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2008, 09:32:09 am »

That room is supposed to have lag; the black device on the top of the screen creates fifty red particles every half-second without destroying them in any way. This creates a sort of "time limit" to the room by physically limiting the player via lag.

So, the whole lagging thing was an intentional obstacle. Tada!

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who make lame ass jokes about binary and those who don't.

Sore Thumb Gaming: http://sorethumbgaming.proboards54.com/
Visit and discuss gaming in all its glorious forms!
Rad
The Guy

Radical Dood

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2008, 06:52:29 pm »

that is a good idea...

"I want Rad's dick."
desktopdoodlz

« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2008, 08:50:19 pm »

lol smart...

thats why that room pissed me off...
FYNDR

=^0_._0^=

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2008, 11:33:54 am »

Hey, everyone! It's time for a DEVELOPMENT UPDATE.

Mostly due to the fact that I've been working a lot during the last week and that I spent my two days off cutting up a bunch of trees that had fallen over into the yeard because of the horrific storms the midwest has been experiencing as of late, I've found little time to work on the game. I have, however, started working on the next boss whenever I've found an opportunity. As proof, take a look at this high-quality in-game screenshot:

I will post any new developments here as they occur.

Also, if anyone has any questions, comments, etc. about the game so far, please post here. That means you, beta testers.

Goodbye for now!  Grin

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who make lame ass jokes about binary and those who don't.

desktopdoodlz

« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2008, 11:33:31 am »

ok, in the lag room, threre is a way to destroy the red particles...

hold shift and then "D"... it worked for me... no lag.. Tongue
FYNDR

=^0_._0^=

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2008, 11:58:19 am »

Well, it took some time, but I've finally finished

THE LAST PIKEMAN VERSION 0.3!!

You can find the newest installment of the game at http://www.yoyogames.com/games/launch/45553.

As always, I've changed the link in my first post to the one for the new version.

Please tell me what you think about the new additions. In the meantime, I will be working on the second half of the second path.

Rad
The Guy

Radical Dood

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2008, 09:10:37 pm »

by the way i loved the last release...
i guess after im done with Majoras Mask ill get this one.

"I want Rad's dick."
desktopdoodlz

« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2008, 09:12:11 pm »

i freaking love this game!!!!!!!!!!!

and i personally think that jetpack mcfuture was abit to easy...
FYNDR

=^0_._0^=

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2008, 10:05:56 am »

All right, UPDATE TIME:

Firstly, I have begun working on the second half of the second path and have finished about 25% of it, not including the boss battle. I've also determined who the fourth boss and, more importantly, the final boss will be, although it will still be a while until they are put into the game.

Secondly, I edited the first post of this topic to make it more interesting. I threw in a lot of over-the-top description and general jokery so as to get people's attention, along with a fancy promotional image I cooked up with a little help from MS Paint.

Thirdly, I am setting up a deadline for myself for finishing the game just to make things interesting. This deadline is August 30th, 2008. Please note that I have no intention of finishing the game by then; it's just a handy date to keep in my head as I work on the game. So, although I may very well complete the game before August 30th, don't send me letter bombs and anthrax if the deadline passes by without so much as a whisper of acknowledgement.

So that's all for now. If you have any questions pertaining to the new content of the game, feel free to post here.

Mohak

Reached one day and 100 posts, at the same time.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2008, 04:19:26 pm »

oooooh LOVE IT WOO Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

SigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSig SigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSig SigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSig Sig
Mohak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2008, 04:26:18 pm »

i played some other game that had a lag room, .......... what was it i think it was shift

SigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSig SigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSig SigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSigSig Sig
FYNDR

=^0_._0^=

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2008, 10:17:51 pm »

And now, ladies and gentlemen, for a developmental update:

I have finished the fourth path and am using whatever free time I have to work on the next boss. To keep things clean, I will not release a new version until I am finished with this boss, unlike what I did with the last release, where I allowed people to try out the portions I had completed before the boss battle with Grafted Magehand. At any rate, it should be about a week before the next release.

Also, please post suggestions for improvement and other feedback here, as I need them desperately to make the game better.

Mohak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2008, 04:50:14 am »

hmm i cant think of anything

FYNDR

=^0_._0^=

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2008, 03:16:04 pm »

Behold!

THE LAST PIKEMAN VERSION 0.4
You can find this new installment of the game at http://www.yoyogames.com/games/launch/47516.

As of this writing, the game is still being virus scanned and is thus inaccessible. However, it should be good in about ten minutes.

As always, I've changed the link in my first post to the one for the new version.

If you need a save that proceeds from after the boss battle with Grafted Magehand, just post here and I will assist. Right now, however, I have to get off the computer and drive over to work.

And again, any suggestions for improvement are welcomed. Before I work on the final portion of the game, I am going to go over the previous sections for errors, glitches, etc., so don't be shy about sharing your reservations.

Oh, and once you beat this new boss (who is a ninja) you'll be transported back to the very first room. Don't panic; this is supposed to happen. In the very next release, a platform that will take you to the final path will appear in this room after all four bosses are defeated.

VERY IMPORTANT EDIT: If you downloaded the game between the creation of this post and the modification of this post, please redownload. The version I uploaded yesterday had some problems wherein valuable save data could be deleted by pressing certain keys. The version I have just uploaded a fixed version that should work.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 11:07:33 am by FYNDR » Logged

FYNDR

=^0_._0^=

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2008, 04:05:18 pm »

Okay, news update time:

I am leaving shortly to visit my Dad's place in the Quad Cities, during which time I will not be able to work on the game. So far, I have reviewed the previous sections and fixed a few things here and there and have begun crafting the next portion of the game (albeit roughly). I will probably be back at it around August 20th (which, incidentally, is my birthday Grin), which means that I will have ten days to meet my self-imposed deadline. As stated previously, I will probably not finish the game by August 30th, but it will be interesting to see how much is completed by then, especially since I have finished with my summer employment.

As always, feel free to question, comment on, or suggest anything to do with the game in this topic. Feedback is always appreciated.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: