I Wanna Be The Forums!
September 16, 2014, 05:14:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: The Last Pikeman  (Read 22523 times)
FYNDR

=^0_._0^=

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2008, 04:57:17 pm »

Hmm... I tried running the game and pressing 'G' at various points in the beginning to no effect. I checked the code, too, and there's nothing about the 'G' key doing anything. If anyone else has this problem, tell me and I'll look into it more deeply, but I think that it is just your computer acting up.

As for Syobon Action... yeah, I was playing a lot of it during this portion's development ^^;

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who make lame ass jokes about binary and those who don't.

Sore Thumb Gaming: http://sorethumbgaming.proboards54.com/
Visit and discuss gaming in all its glorious forms!
desktopdoodlz

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2008, 05:02:45 pm »

nice, syobon action was fun at first,... but then the trigger activation just got annoying as hell!!!!!!
but ya, it probably is my computer acting up,...
FYNDR

=^0_._0^=

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2008, 02:10:30 pm »

It's been a while since I posted the latest version of The Last Pikeman, during which time I have done only very little in terms of development, mostly because of school-related work. Before I continue working on the game, I want as much user input as possible so that the new sections will be fun and challenging.

So, post your thoughts on the various aspects of the game here so that I can determine what to do with the rest of development. Please be specific so that I know exactly what to tweak or add/remove from the game.

Thanks very much for your help in this endeavor!

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who make lame ass jokes about binary and those who don't.

desktopdoodlz

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2008, 06:12:59 pm »

ugghhh!!,.. mac-jetpack of whatever his name is is HARD!!!!!...what do i do with that spiked ball that comes down when i hit the button,...?
FYNDR

=^0_._0^=

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2008, 11:23:27 pm »

Do what the last pikeman does best: pike it!

desktopdoodlz

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2008, 05:26:10 pm »

Do what the last pikeman does best: pike it!

O SHIT!, i was jumping and stuff so much that i forgot that he could even do that Tongue...now i feel stupid...
Quinn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2008, 10:21:58 pm »

Can someone pleeeeeaaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeee get me past this part!!!!!!!!!!!

(I dont know if this will work but ill try it)

FYNDR

=^0_._0^=

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2008, 12:31:09 am »

I don't normally do this, but since this is a demo and I need people to test out as much as possible, I've attached a file that continues from the next save. It is at the beginning of the first boss battle, so prepare yourself.

EDIT: Never mind.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 06:45:52 pm by FYNDR » Logged

Quinn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2008, 04:41:54 pm »

Ive made it to the boss after i posted it thanks though hes mean  !

The Doctor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2008, 02:49:37 pm »

Up to and including the first boss the game was awesome, but I have some criticism for the game following the boss.

TOO. MUCH. WAITING.

Level 2 is fun enough. The Cloud, Killer Monkeys, and moving platforms are great, but it's very frustrating getting to the fun bits. You have to wait 10-15 seconds for the cloud to pass you over and another 15-20 seconds waiting for the moving platform to reach you after dodging the first Monkey. In a game where the average life expectancy is 5-7 seconds and you're expected to die dozens of times on a single screen, half a minute of waiting per life is unbearable.

I went from "LOL cool death" in level one to "****, that's it! I'm done with with this ****!" in level two. Too much waiting coupled with invisible blocks and cheap deaths does not make for much fun.

Just my two cents.

Despite my complaint I still love the game. I can't wait to see the finished version.
FYNDR

=^0_._0^=

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2008, 05:42:56 pm »

Thanks very much for the input, Doctor. I'll be sure to change the waiting aspect of the 2nd part of the game, probably around the moving platform area (because I am too stubborn to get rid of that cloud  Grin).

Stupermen 7.5

YO I'M BREAD

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2008, 11:18:15 am »

Is jetpack macfuture possible? I get to part three of him and he fires that weird orange undodgable ray at me.
desktopdoodlz

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2008, 12:56:47 pm »

Is jetpack macfuture possible? I get to part three of him and he fires that weird orange undodgable ray at me.

yes he is possible, im going to make a youtube video showing how to do it...
Quinn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2008, 04:46:33 pm »

HOW DO I HIT THE BUTTON IVE TRIED EVERYTHING I CAN THINK OF PLEEAAASSE!

desktopdoodlz

« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2008, 04:59:25 pm »

at the boss?...
imma make a youtube video on how to get jetpack macfuture hurt...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: