I Wanna Be The Forums!
October 22, 2014, 08:08:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My save file is gone and IWBTF doesn't work  (Read 1404 times)
Earthbound

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 14, 2010, 01:00:20 pm »

So I downloaded and played IWBTG for a few hours yesterday.  I beat three bosses and was struggling with the Mecha-Birdo fight when I called it a night and turned my computer off.  The entire time, the game never created a save file.  It saved, but it just didn't make a file.  I didn't think anything of it, but when I started it up today, all my progress was gone.  I ran the game as an administrator and it made a file.

So I have a file at the very first room now.  I downloaded IWBTF to restore my lost data and checked out how to use it.  I put everything in the way I wanted, went to overwrite the save1 file, and I got this message: "java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\IWBTG\save\game1.sav (Access is denied)"

I have no idea how to work around that.  I'm running Vista and am the administrator on my computer.  I have a game1.sav file in a folder in my IWBTG folder.  How do I fix my save file?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 01:09:19 pm by Earthbound » Logged
Mkid
Lurks IWBTF 24/7

Fire walk with me.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 01:53:37 pm »

Vista and 7 are usually very finicky when it comes to programs messing around in the Program Files area, so here's my suggestion of how to fix your save file:

Move your IWBTG folder to either your desktop or to your 'My Documents' folder, then use IWBTF to then fix your save file to how you had it yesterday before you realized it wasn't saving.

Keep your IWBTG folder wherever you moved it and continue to play it, and you shouldn't run into any more problems with it saving.

MkidTrigun is and idiot for not recognizing the fact that Venser has edited this quote.
Salamander

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 09:59:28 pm »

Yeah, you need to be running *everything* as administrator if its going to be altering Program Files, so it would be a good idea to move IWBTG's folder somewhere else like MKidTrigun suggested.

<Kayin> You know, I always said necroing is okay, but the other admins ignore me. :(
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: