I Wanna Be The Forums!
October 30, 2014, 11:02:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42
  Print  
Author Topic: I Wanna Be The Boshy (Online, V.1.0 is released!)  (Read 298832 times)
-DIE Wolf-

I wanna HAppy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: December 28, 2013, 10:29:32 am »

Hey ! Look like we cant use custom character for multiplayer ?  He wants to be the Guy!

GAME OVER
----------------
PRESS F5 TO TRY AGAIN
TheJooger

Now that's more like it

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: December 28, 2013, 02:44:54 pm »

Hey ! Look like we cant use custom character for multiplayer ?  He wants to be the Guy!
Is Solgryn even still working on this game?

Dlαsm
Unrevoked

It's been revoked.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: December 28, 2013, 03:39:14 pm »

Nope. He probably is only working on Wings of Vi as of now.

www.youtube.com/user/infern0man1

INERN0MAN1 is 12/07/2014's Lover of the Day!
We're so deep in the shit in this thread it's like we're really doing anal.
sambo4248

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: January 17, 2014, 11:20:54 pm »

i lost my save on mario. it was really crazy i just hit restart and started at the tutorial with no save file. could anyone help me out with a save? it was on totally average difficulty.

im fairly new to fangames so getting this far was quite the achievement for me. any help would be great appreciated
LOLC2k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: January 19, 2014, 01:48:37 pm »

i lost my save on mario. it was really crazy i just hit restart and started at the tutorial with no save file. could anyone help me out with a save? it was on totally average difficulty.

im fairly new to fangames so getting this far was quite the achievement for me. any help would be great appreciated
Here you are!
hateworkboy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: January 24, 2014, 12:46:14 am »

I need some help on World 8, the one right after the Mega Man boss fight. The very first jump in the stage where you have to gain some air by jumping off the heads of two platform enemies.
I can't seem to get any significant height off of either of them. I watched videos and they all look like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiXXm50VRH8&feature=player_detailpage#t=2395
see how this player gets about 3 jumps worth of height off that second platform guy?
My Boshy doesn't do that. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.
I've tried jumping without holding my jump button, I've tried holding my jump button, I've tried holding jump and up/down, none of it works. What's the deal?
DerpKK
PRO-Tier

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: January 24, 2014, 01:03:14 am »

What's the deal?
The jump boost you get is proportional to your current vertical speed upwards. If you use your double jump right before the thing hits you, it boosts you up significantly. If you're falling down or you're already at the peak of the double jump, the boost is practically 0.

hateworkboy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: January 24, 2014, 01:08:18 am »

The jump boost you get is proportional to your current vertical speed upwards. If you use your double jump right before the thing hits you, it boosts you up significantly. If you're falling down or you're already at the peak of the double jump, the boost is practically 0.
[/quote]

oh geez, thank you. I can't wait to try this out now. I kind wish that information was fronted to me somehow in game, but whatever, you've saved me and my path to boshy-ness.
hateworkboy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: January 29, 2014, 10:32:55 am »

Alright, so, one last post from me before I possibly put this game to bed. I finally beat solgryn, and enjoyed the pleasure of the credits song. I spawned in the victory area and the game popped up a box asking me for my name for score submission. I submitted, and my mouse killed my Boshy. My last save is actually UNDER the collapsible floor, so I can't go to the warp point near the save. I either have to beat solgryn again, or just give up. I want to keep playing and find all the hidden stuff, but I can't keep spending time grinding against this RNG boss. So, I either need a button (maybe a function key I don't know about?) that can take me to the warp area, or a way to edit or download a save that has all the main bosses beaten. No cheetahman or whatever other optionals there are, just the main ones.

If I can't get this, I'm gonna have to put this dumb game to bed, and I don't necessarily want to do that yet :/
Nork

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: February 03, 2014, 12:23:13 pm »

I'm always amazed when people rant about how Boshy is a "terrible game". They don't seem to understand that "Game X is terrible" and "Game X appeals to a different audience than me" are two completely different statements.

Personally, I like Boshy better than most of the "I wanna be the ..." games, but that's probably because I don't have time to play any of them. I have to settle for watching people stream them here and there. It's not that I don't enjoy watching another round of room after room of one circuitous path through a thoroughly bespiked room with the occassional boss fight that involves dodging colorful apples for 5 minutes, it's just that Boshy has some variety and creativity.

Boshy is certainly not the best game ever made, but I haven't seen any "I wanna be the ..." game that's more fun to watch. I suppose my opinion is biased, because I watching isn't playing, but 98% of the time I check the guy games section on Twitch, it's the exact same thing with slightly different spike placement and a palette swap. I want to say that it means those games aren't my cup of tea, but after reading these forums, I guess that must mean all those games are terrible terrible games and anyone who likes them is the devil.

...or it might mean that I should play something else that I like more. These days it's hard to tell.
Darkwraith Axl

Returning with newfound humanity.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: February 03, 2014, 08:53:01 pm »

I'm always amazed when people rant about how Boshy is a "terrible game". They don't seem to understand that "Game X is terrible" and "Game X appeals to a different audience than me" are two completely different statements.

Personally, I like Boshy better than most of the "I wanna be the ..." games, but that's probably because I don't have time to play any of them. I have to settle for watching people stream them here and there. It's not that I don't enjoy watching another round of room after room of one circuitous path through a thoroughly bespiked room with the occassional boss fight that involves dodging colorful apples for 5 minutes, it's just that Boshy has some variety and creativity.

Boshy is certainly not the best game ever made, but I haven't seen any "I wanna be the ..." game that's more fun to watch. I suppose my opinion is biased, because I watching isn't playing, but 98% of the time I check the guy games section on Twitch, it's the exact same thing with slightly different spike placement and a palette swap. I want to say that it means those games aren't my cup of tea, but after reading these forums, I guess that must mean all those games are terrible terrible games and anyone who likes them is the devil.

...or it might mean that I should play something else that I like more. These days it's hard to tell.

You should play more. That's a fact.

Even if a game has visual appeal, doesn't change the fact that Boshy is actually a not-so-good game. Pixel Perfect jumps and late pixel check is just a couple things that makes the game frustratingly bad.

> This community: Elitists pieces of shit.
> That community: Retards without a lick of taste.
Pick your poison.
Nork

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: February 04, 2014, 05:42:38 pm »

Sorry, I made the mistake of reading through this whole thread when I found these forums and there's an impressive amount of hate for Boshy in it. It's colored my perception of people on this forum, and I'll have to try to amend my initial impression of this board. Anyway, my bad, let's move on.

I came here looking for recommendations of game similar to Boshy. I've scraped together enough playtime on Boshy to get to Sonic on EZ-mode, and that's probably where I'm going to be stuck for the forseeable future. Parenthood and such limits me to a couple half hour chunks of Boshy each week, and that's not enough to make progress on Sonic. So what I'm hoping to find is a good substitue that gets me the Boshy experience without the time sink.

Unfortunately, what appeals to me about Boshy is the difficulty. It's WoW raiding (pre-LFR) for someone who no longer has time to raid. You try something, you fail, you dust yourself off and try again. With practice, you get better. Eventually, you beat the boss (or the obstacle) and feel that unique combination of Relief, Pride, and the unshakeable feeling that you've wasted your life.

Boshy has that raid feel (for me, at least). Outrunning the bird took me more tries that I want to admit, but it had that feeling of steady progress that culminated in victory. In level 2 it was the bouncy cloud jumps before Krako. Sure, on some levels I'm banging my head against a wall because it feels so good when I stop, but that's what I'm looking for.

So I have two main questions to ask:

1) What games do the people who like Boshy recommend? The official recommended games list is just a list with no real descriptions, just links to the games' threads. That a great general resource, but it doesn't narrow things down much. Rather than getting recommendations from everyone, getting them from people who I know like the sames games as me seems more reliable.

2) For the people who don't like Boshy, what games are better? I've had nothing but good experiences with Boshy, but I'd be a fool to assume that there aren't better games out there. Unfortunately, I haven't had much luck finding those games. Most of the complaints in this thread have been (understandably) explaining what people feel Boshy does wrong. That's all well and good, but telling me that you don't like a game doesn't really improve anything. On the other hand, telling me what games do it better gives me a chance to play those games and find out if I agree with you.

Thanks
Valkama
Anonly Asia O_O
The Guy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: February 04, 2014, 06:21:30 pm »

Yes they are in fact two completely different statements.

You can like a bad game

You can dislike a good game

Whether a game is bad or good does not effect whether or not you enjoy it.

Sir Baconsworth

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: February 10, 2014, 04:43:39 pm »

Guys, I have some sort of an issue. I recently just got to world 7 around the third save point, but I'm dumb and I trapped myself in a death loop  Undecided

If anyone is able to help me, I have all the items from worlds 1 through 6 except for the character from the Cheetahmen boss, I would appreaciate any help whatsoever.

Really don't feel like starting all over, Mario and Sonic were enough already, pls help pls.

Rykkettard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: February 11, 2014, 03:21:36 pm »

normal or hardon?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42
  Print  

Jump to: