I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39

Author Topic: IWBTM Game 8 - GAME OVER - Town Wins  (Read 52087 times)

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
IWBTM Game 8 - GAME OVER - Town Wins
« on: July 26, 2009, 08:26:42 pm »

Just as before, posting any picture/video/etc. of any information sent to you by the GM or any other player will result in a modkill. People must rely on everyone else’s word alone, not a picture or video that would take time and effort to fake. Additionally, you may not quote PMs, or anything of that nature. That clearly violates the spirit of the game. As an addendum to the rules of Game 7, you may not post in the game from an alt. Again, although I technically allowed this in Game 7, I feel that posting from an alt violates the spirit of the game. Also as before, if a target is not chosen for a night role action before the time limit runs out, a target will be chosen at random (except for Mafia assassinations). Also, all roles will be revealed upon any type of death. Each day or night phase will run to a max of 24 hours; if you haven't chosen a target, then it will be randomized.

The only main difference in this game is that there are two competing groups of Mafia. While there will be two kills per night, neither wants the other to win by themselves, so they may try to snipe each other off. Or, they may try to cooperate. Either way, the village needs to eliminate all of them to win, so it’s not so different.

Most of you guys know how to play. For those of you who don’t, go here to view the Newbie Guide. Expect some errors, since it was mainly written by Ybbald. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to PM me. Have fun!

: Roles • show

Vanilla Townie (Town)
The Vanilla Townies have no special powers. They vote. That’s about it. There will be 4 Vanilla Townies.

Tree Stump (Town)

The Tree Stump is a vanilla town, except that at any point during the game, they may post TREE STUMP in bold in the thread. When this is done, the Tree Stump may no longer be killed, but he may not vote either. This change is irreversible.

Anyone who is not the Tree Stump who posts TREE STUMP in bold in the thread will be modkilled. No exceptions. There will be 1 Tree Stump.

Cop (Town)

The Cop may investigate one person per night to determine their allegiance. There will be 1 Cop.

Woodsman (Town)

If the Woodsman would be lynched, they may kill one other player with them. There will be 1 Woodsman.

Persistent (Town)

The Persistent has two lives. Should they die in any way, they will lose their ‘extra life’ and will die normally the next time they would be killed. The Persistent is notified when they lose a life, but no one else will be. Persistents cannot be saved from death in any way besides their own; Doctor saves have no effect on them. There will be 2 Persistents.

Doctor (Town)

The Doctor may protect one person from being killed a night. They may only save themself once per game. There will be 1 Doctor.

Vanilla Triad Mafia (Triad Mafia)

The Vanilla Triad Mafia work as a group with the other Triad Mafia. There will be 2 Vanilla Triad Mafia.

Smuggler (Triad Mafia)

Each night, the Smuggler may choose a Town role that has a night action. They will learn the role of the player that that role targeted with their action. There will be 1 Smuggler.

Vanilla Italian Mafia (Italian Mafia)

The Vanilla Italian Mafia works as a group with the other Italian Mafia. There will be 1 Vanilla Italian Mafia.

Godfather (Italian Mafia)

The Godfather appears innocent to Cop investigations. There will be 1 Godfather.

Captain (Neutral)

Every other night, starting on the first night, the Captain will be out at sea and cannot be effected by role actions. The Captain’s only goal is to survive. There will be 1 Captain.

: Player List • show
Liquid as Yuri Lowell
Neo as Professor J. Farnsworth
Yule as himself (replaced by dsk)
Just as himself (replaced by DD, in his third incarnation)
Kachowe as Kachowe (Replaced by DD)
DD as Sho Minamimoto
Yoshi as Vaati
Rag as QuestionMarkus
Ybbald as himself (Replaced by Neo)
Woeful as Viola Cadaverini
Evan 20k as Duke
Ellipsis as himself
TAYLOOP as PRO
Pokota (raekuul) as Pokota
Kudo as Yukari Yakumo
dsk as himself

And again, just as in Game 7, all roles will be revealed upon any type of death. The Triad mafia and the Italian mafia can win together, but they must have equal numbers of members, and all of the town must be eliminated. That's as opposed to one mafia group simply winning if the number of townies is equal to the number of mafia in their group.

You may not edit or remove posts. Double-posting and even triple-posting is acceptable if you have to do that rather than edit or delete a post. It's very common in these games, really.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 05:19:24 pm by Firemind »
Ybbald: I read that as "deadly venser"
Ybbald: and I was like
Ybbald: "when is venser NOT deadly?"

Arkhanno: We'll have to out-source to the US. I know of a great doctor with lifeguard training that can do anything with a 90% success rate

Evan20k: Sherlock Holmes didn't have 5 arms and 6 penises and lifeguard training

Kachowe

• View Profile
Re: IWBTM Game 8 - Night Phase 1
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 08:29:29 pm »

Yay, time to start

By Lion.

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 08:29:38 pm »

So zetta slow!

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 08:30:47 pm »

For those of you with night roles, it is in fact night, and you should get your PMs in.

Arkhanno: We'll have to out-source to the US. I know of a great doctor with lifeguard training that can do anything with a 90% success rate

Evan20k: Sherlock Holmes didn't have 5 arms and 6 penises and lifeguard training

yoshi

• yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 08:40:20 pm »

Let the fun begin.
Indeed, my green-skinned prehensile-tongued fellow. Indeed.

Evan20000

• Nuke 'em
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • Forum Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 08:52:56 pm »

Another night start? At least there is no werewolf gimmick this time.

Your videos could just be you in a Nazi outfit, shitting into a bucket while doing the can-can and they'd already be miles ahead of Pewdiepie.

Dagnarok

• Neutral Good Moderator
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • Commander of the USP Talon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 09:32:45 pm »

I'd better get a new avatar for this game!
Quote from: Tilyami
Shuu is like the monkey's paw if the monkey's paw was a partridge.

liquidCorgster

• Signature Moderator
  • The Guy
  • hanged man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 09:54:09 pm »

I do like some of the roles you've implemented.
And I might just change my avatar to suit. Maybe.

I did.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 10:43:32 pm by Yuri Effing Lowell »

dsk

• Lawful Evil Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Like a phoenix
    • View Profile
    • Youtube videos!
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 10:58:07 pm »

ohai

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 11:00:19 pm »

For clarification on Smuggler role: They don't smuggle a player, they smuggle a Town role that has a targeting night action. You find out the role of the target. Yes, I know, it doesn't sound like a Smuggler. Deal with it, I didn't have a better name for it. :P

Well, I'm bored, so I might as well write up a post about the origins of these roles.

Vanilla Townie is obvious. I'm not even going to talk about it.

Tree Stump is a variation of a role I saw on a forum somewhere; the unkillable ability is very powerful, and so I had to include a pretty dramatic side-effect. As you saw in Game 7, however, immediately using it (as raekuul did) isn't always the way to go.

Cop and Woodsman are from Epicmafia.

Persistent is a variation of Bulletproof from Epicmafia. I always liked that role, but I felt like I was being cheated whenever I got lynched. Therefore, I designed this.

Doctor and Vanilla Mafia are obvious.

I don't have a clue as to where I figured the Smuggler from. It just kind of came to me, and I put it down. :P

Godfather is also from Epicmafia.

Captain is a variation of Survivor from Epicmafia. I've never liked the fact that it's very common for the Survivor to die incidentally, which leaves very little room for strategic play on the part of the Survivor. I almost made them have a Persistent-type variation, but instead decided to make that a town role and give this variation to the neutral. It still leaves some things to chance, but now there's a much lower chance of the neutral being offed prematurely (they're guaranteed one night, at least.)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 11:18:48 pm by FlyingPie »

Evan20000

• Nuke 'em
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • Forum Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 01:29:37 am »

This calls for a sig change.

Preserving this world is my only priority Yuri, nothing else matters. Not even humans.

Your videos could just be you in a Nazi outfit, shitting into a bucket while doing the can-can and they'd already be miles ahead of Pewdiepie.

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 01:43:22 am »

The world is garbage!

CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 08:31:25 am »

Another couple things I forgot to mention, as I was in a hurry when I posted this game:

The Triad mafia and the Italian mafia can win together, but they must have equal numbers of members, and all of the town must be eliminated. That's as opposed to one mafia group simply winning if the number of townies is equal to the number of mafia in their group.

You may not edit or remove posts. Double-posting and even triple-posting is acceptable if you have to do that rather than edit or delete a post. It's very common in these games, really.

ybbald

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 08:57:07 am »

clrfur can't we all just get along?

Ellipsis

• Ellipsis
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
    • If Not Equal Limited
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 09:04:43 am »

There should be a everyone lives in peace way to win.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39