I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39

Author Topic: IWBTM: Game 3.1 GAME OVER  (Read 56297 times)

SilentLoner

IWBTM: Game 3.1 GAME OVER
« on: March 30, 2009, 04:56:31 pm »

Game Rules:

1. Day and night periods: Days may last up to 72 hours and nights may last up to 24 hours. Players may vote to lynch someone during the day, and certain roles may take actions during the night.

2. Votes and unvotes: Using the votee's forum name, votes and unvotes will be placed in bold using red font. Players may elect to go on record as abstaining from lynching by placing their vote for Abstain.

Vote: Votee's Forum Name or Abstain

3. Roles and Special Powers: I will use a random number generator to assign roles. Some roles may be listed at the start of the game. Some may not.

4. Lynchings: Lynches will occur if...
a) One player has been voted for by 50% of the town.
b) 75% of players have voted and one player is ahead by at least two votes.
Once either of these conditions are met, the lynch is finalized, even if someone changes their vote before the actual lynch.

5. Night actions: Those with special roles need to PM me with their actions during the night or during the previous day if necessary because of time constraints.

6. Death scenes: Players may post a death scene but should not include clues or anything not previously posted by the dead except for status, where appropriate. Lynching is a status-revealing death and banning is a non-status revealing death.

7. Inactivity: People who do not post for 72 hours will be removed and replaced. If there are no replacements, that player is gone. This counts as a lynch and gives the town their information.

8. Proxies: A proxy may be left if you need to go away for an extended period of time. A proxy is basically a substitute vote. You may specify a person to leave it to, so they may vote in your place. If you don't, anyone including the mafia may claim it. You may also set a hierarchy (Arkhanno can take my proxy, or Kitty if Arkhanno doesn't want it. Kitty can only accept the proxy after Arkhanno turns it down). I may return your proxy to you at any time if I feel you have been reading along and are capable of casting your own vote.

9. Fingers: The fingers are an informal way of giving your opinion on someone. Just post the finger's initials followed by their name (ex. FoH: dsk).

FoS: Finger of suspicion
You find this person suspicious, possibly a member of the mafia. This is used when you want everyone to know you suspect someone but might not vote for them just yet. Maybe someone has a higher level of suspicion or you don't suspect them enough to vote for them. People sometimes include whether it's a low, medium, or high FoS. Low would mean that they're just giving you an odd feeling that you don't like, whereas high means you're pretty much certain that they are a member of the mafia.

FoI: Finger of Innocence
You're pretty sure this person is a member of town. These are not to be given lightly.

FoH: Finger of hurt
You feel that this person is disrupting the game. They may not necessarily be acting suspicious, but you think they are purposely making it harder for everyone else to play.

10. Game Over: The town wins when all mafia members are killed. The mafia wins if the number of townies = the number of mafia.

Disclaimers:

I reserve the right to remove anyone breaking the spirit of the game.

NO personal attacks. In other words, play nice while killing each other off.

I'll do my best to keep the Google doc up-to-date, but please let me know if you'd like to help edit it yourself.

Have fun, play nice, and remember... This is a game based on the need to deceive and lie. Do not take it to heart if your BFF or whatever fibbed to you.

Current Player List:

Angrystu (Replaced by The Retarded Trombonist)
Arkhanno
dsk
JohnCougarMafoisi
Justone
Kitty
Kwiftee (Replaced by DraconicDescendant)
Lt. Ragnarok
matonen
OLDGREGERY
Pastamancer
TAYLOOP
Woeful Tree
Ybbald
Yuletideriz

2 Players Remaining

Current Phase: Game Over!

Role List: (Note: Not all roles are listed!)

Private Investigator (Town):

The PI may investigate one person each night to determine whether or not that person has a role.

Detective (Town):

The Detective may investigate one person each night to determine their allegiance.

Successor (Town):

If the Detective dies, the Successor will assume their role as the New Detective. As the New Detective, they will be able to investigate one person every other night to determine their allegiance.

Doctor (Town):

The Doctor may protect one person each night. However, they cannot protect themself.

Bodyguard (Town):

The Bodyguard may protect one person each night. If the person protected is the target of an assassination, there is a 50% chance that the Bodyguard will be killed.

Spy (Mafia):

Each night, the Spy may choose to either investigate one person to see whether or not they have a role, or they may learn one detection result of either the Detective or the Private Investigator.

Terrorist (Mafia):

The Terrorist may choose to kill themself along with one person of their choice at any given time. The person killed will not have their information revealed. The mafia does not know who the Terrorist is, and vice versa. They are immune to assassinations.

Dopplegängers (Unknown):

Whenever a Dopplegänger is the target of a nightly action, the other will be targeted instead. This switch will not be noted anywhere. Lynches are not switched, as they are not nightly actions. If either of them are killed, the other will lose their role as a Dopplegänger and will revert to being a regular character.

Roles will be crossed off whenever their deaths have been officially announced.

If you did not get a role PM, then you are a regular townie.

The Google Doc can be found here. I'll also put the link to it in my sig for convenience.

Well, begin conspiring against one another! :D
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 04:19:49 pm by SilentLoner »

dsk

• Lawful Evil Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Like a phoenix
    • View Profile
    • Youtube videos!
Re: IWBTM: Game 3.1 GAME ON
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 04:57:50 pm »

sup.

Yule

• Chaotic Evil Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Ooh La La
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 05:02:21 pm »

Wutthehell?
"I'm pretty sure the microwave fucks with my internet, hold on for like a minute thirty to microwave my spaghetti." - Rob Lineback 2014

Angrystu

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 05:07:02 pm »

Something's up. I think this is the real game, though.

dsk

• Lawful Evil Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Like a phoenix
    • View Profile
    • Youtube videos!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 05:07:37 pm »

Angrystu

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 05:08:14 pm »

Yeah, he sent me a fake role PM, and everything. I take it you deleted his thread?

Yule

• Chaotic Evil Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Ooh La La
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 05:09:04 pm »

Who the hell are you?
"I'm pretty sure the microwave fucks with my internet, hold on for like a minute thirty to microwave my spaghetti." - Rob Lineback 2014

Kloud

• PRO
  • The Guy
  • I hate myself
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 05:09:43 pm »

Whyd My Post Been Deleted?

Angrystu

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 05:10:10 pm »

Pretty sure it's Furry. One of the last posts was in black bold (in the fake thread), and it was replying to his topic with "Woo".

SilentLoner

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 05:10:27 pm »

Oh wow, he actually sent out role PM's as well? o_O

ybbald

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 05:10:40 pm »

I got a PM from the fake saying I was mafia. The bastard get me all excited D:

Lion

• The Guy
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 05:12:17 pm »

What an idiot.
Quote from: Jake
Here's the part that's hard to talk about... Mr. Mac... Touched my peeeeeeeeenis

ybbald

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 05:17:31 pm »

Oh wow, he actually sent out role PM's as well? o_O

Woeful Tree

• Being dead feels nice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 05:22:32 pm »

He told me that I was the spy!
Come closer, I wont hurt you...Much...

SilentLoner