I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Introducing I Wanna Fuck With The Guy (enables/disables IWBTGG network commands)  (Read 10927 times)

PennyCreations

• View Profile

I was interested in Kayin's ability to fuck with people in IWBTGG and I wanted to be able to do the same thing. Over the summer I made a tool called I Wanna Fuck With The Guy. It is essentially a list of commands (and their arguments) that you can use to set up a server to fuck with someone in IWBTGG. All with an easy-to-use GUI :D

Most useful commands and entities have been discovered and added and it is very easy to add more, since IWFWTG uses XML files. The only limitation is that the computer of your target must have a modified hosts file that redirects all requests going to gamejolt.com, to your server (IWFWTG has an option to easily modify the hosts file to do this, and revert it back).

You can download IWFWTG here: http://pennycreations.zymichost.com/iwfwtg (make sure you read the guide).

There are some screenshots in the guide: http://pennycreations.zymichost.com/iwfwtg/guide
Here's one of the main window (from the guide)

Here's one I took in-game after spawning some things (the spike wall is slowly moving to the left)

IWFWTG allows you to move around and zoom in/out on images of each level. It makes it easier to place entities (like the spikes in the pic above), since you just double click on where you want to spawn something.

You don't have to use the buttons on the right. There are keyboard shortcuts, and the mouse can be used as well.
(Note that the starting point (0, 0) varies depending on which entity you are spawning. For example, (0, 0) on a ground tile is the top left, but on a spike it's the bottom left.)

Edit: As of version 2.30, when using the level click-for-coordinates map, a rectangle the size of the entity to be spawned will follow your cursor (it will also be anchored at the entity's proper origin). The entity marker will be the actual size as well. If the entity can rotate, you can rotate it by holding CTRL and pressing any of the zoom keys. Here's an example, with a spike:

You can do other things like reverse the controls, rotate the screen, enable curse mode, etc. Spawning stuff is just better for screenshots.

Any feedback is appreciated :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 12:53:35 am by PennyCreations »

Norain

• /0
    • View Profile

I can't tell if this is really good or really bad...

sans

• Lurks IWBTF 24/7
  • man. isn't my brother cool?
    • View Profile
    • Luigi Floating On An Egg Over A Sea

This looks very impressive! I'll be trying it out after I get QuickPHP to work.
MkidTrigun is and idiot for not recognizing the fact that Venser has edited this quote.

Norain

• /0
    • View Profile

What the hell, might as well try it out tommorow.

sans

• Lurks IWBTF 24/7
    • View Profile

I've been trying this out for about a half hour now with no such luck. I believe I've followed your guide step by step but I cannot for the life of me get it to work on my own version of Gaiden.

Is it supposed to be running from another machine separately, or can you run it from the same computer? I've tried all three revisions of Gaiden and all of them have the same result, in case a version question came up.
MkidTrigun is and idiot for not recognizing the fact that Venser has edited this quote.

PennyCreations

• View Profile

Make sure you allow QuickPHP through your firewall (if it hasn't asked you to allow it already).
If you get an error about the bind address from QuickPHP, try changing the bind address to 127.0.0.1.
Also, make sure that IWFWTG and its XML files are in your server's root directory.
Don't forget to modify your hosts file as well. In IWFWTG, go to 'edit > hosts file', enter your server's IP address and click OK. Then select yes at the UAC dialog.

It can be run on the same computer that you run Gaiden on. Also, the commands it uses don't work with the first version of Gaiden.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 06:09:40 pm by PennyCreations »

Ellipsis

• Ellipsis
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
    • If Not Equal Limited

Looks interesting, any screen shots?

Norain

• /0
    • View Profile

I just gotta ask, does Kayin approve of this whole thing?

PennyCreations

• View Profile

Yes, Kayin approves. He's known about it since I made it back in late July :)

During August I updated it in my free time. I tweeted him for input or to let him know when I fixed/added things.
I deemed it "good enough (in my eyes) to release" a while ago. Other things came up and I just never got around to posting it.

http://twitter.com/KayinNasaki/status/240953812955824130
http://twitter.com/KayinNasaki/status/248955145789009921

Also, The first post has been edited to include screenshots.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 09:01:04 pm by PennyCreations »

Ellipsis

• Ellipsis
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
    • If Not Equal Limited

That looks really awesome. The level editor is a nice touch. Did you have to re-make the levels yourself or could you somehow get them from the exe?

PennyCreations

• View Profile

Thanks. I Had to remake them (with some help from http://twitter.com/TheGamaniac ; he also tested IWFWTG). Many screenshots were taken and then stitched together.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 10:20:02 am by PennyCreations »

Norain

• /0
    • View Profile

This is fucking awesome.
Nice work

sans

• Lurks IWBTF 24/7
    • View Profile

Got this to work finally, it's pretty amazing!

PennyCreations

• View Profile

IWFWTG has been updated (version 2.30). When spawning an entity using the level click-for-coordinates window, a rectangle the size of the entity (anchored at the proper origin) will follow your cursor. The entity marker will also be the actual size. You can rotate both of these (if the entity supports rotation) by holding CTRL and using any of the zoom keys. See the OP for a screenshot. If you're on an older version, you should be prompted to download the new version of the program when you start it. If you don't have it, the download link is in the original post.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 03:20:22 pm by PennyCreations »

Fatih

• The Guy
  • CATHARSISΔEPIDEMIC
    • View Profile
    • Mountain of Fatih

This looks awesome! If you made this for IWBTG, that would be amazing.  :fruit::kid:
https://discord.me/iwbtg
My site, WIP
discord.io/mofatih for my own
Pages: [1] 2