I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Re: MafiaMafia the Mafia of Mafias: IWBTM 4X.0 [DAY 4-SURPRISE UPDATE]  (Read 18995 times)

Kudo.

• The Guy
  • Shin Megami Tennis
    • View Profile

Welcome to the mafia you've all been so patiently waiting for- something around the 42nd game or so, The meaning of Mafia, perhaps? In my studies, I've found we've had approximately 40 something mafias, (including Furry's Lair games) so we'll go from there.

RULES/GENERAL. I assume most of you are familiar with the basics, but I'll try to make this clear to avoid silly questions.

1.) No PMing other players. In any case, I must be included all of this specific game's related PMs. (I am also PM-able for questions, of course) In addition, NO POSTING PMs- either as pictures or copy-pasting them.
2.) I can't enforce it, but if you aren't in the game, please don't clutter it up. No alt-accounts either.
3.) I'm probably going to be lenient about night actions, but if they aren't in within 24 hours of night's start, I reserve the right to choose your action for you, disable it, or EVEN EDIT YOUR ROLE ENTIRELY.
4.) Mod/Admin players, I'm going to go on the honor system for you guys to not use your powers/abilities to gain an unfair advantage. Although this honestly goes without saying.
5.) Lynching happens at the end of each day based on the majority. At least half the players are required to vote one person for a lynch to be successful, if I find the vote to reach the majority of all players + 3, I will lynch and auto-end the day.
6.) Days/Nights will be approximately 18-24 hours each. Extensions can be made upon request- and may also happen often at random, sorry.
7.) Double posting is allowed and recommended. Editing posts is also allowed, but not recommended- not that I'll do anything about it. The rest of the players will probably do a fine enough job wrecking your shit over it. Editing acquires the same treatment as deleting posts: allowed, but I won't save you from the buttfuck.
8.) Try to keep public game discussion, truly public- in this thread; not in the dead chat, not on IWBTFacebook, not even IWBTSkype. This also means try not to deal with extensive outside influence- doesn't seem like anyone here knows anyone else IRL so this shouldn't be an issue.
9.) The player list will be updated upon deaths.
10.) Exceptions to the rules are possible and will be stated as such.

: Players • show

solidRidicule (Liquid)
Daniel-san, Explorer/Fluff/Mark
Lt Sibare (Sibare)
MkidTrigun
Sibare
Lt Ragnarok (Rag)
Neo
Arkhansolo (Derf)
Nono
Venser
Valkama
matonen

IWBTM 4X.0
IWBTM 4X.5
IWBTM 4(X-1).5

Yes, this means Sibare is in the game twice. (Not anymore).

: Roles • show

Role Owner: Venser
Game: 1
Host: Dr. Furry (Ybbald)
Description: You are...the start of it all. The action packed game consisting only of old-fags. Nostalgia hits you...back when mafia truly destroyed information, the amazing act between DD to outplay Kitty's experience, Stu's logic finally sinking into Woeful to end the game as...
TOWN.

You are town-sided. The modern day rules make you scoff. You may freely PM anyone in the game. (However, it is required that I am included in these PMs. Also, at the end of the game, I will REVEAL these PMs, so try not to get too personal)
Additionally, you may make an alt to post in the game. AS ADMINS AND MODS ARE PRESENT, DO NOT FUCK THIS UP. PLEASE RUN YOUR ALT THROUGH A PROXY/ANYTHING TO MAKE IT NOT MATCH YOUR IP. But hey, your fault if you mess up, really. You may freely use this alt to PM anyone in the game as well (again, include me, please).

You cannot group PM players (enabling a form of direct communication with two players through your power).

Additionally, you sense a strange force which prevents you from PMing (CENSORED).
___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ___

Role Owner: Valkama
Game: 3.5
Host: Ybbald
Description: You are...going international! Also you're the fourth and final 3.X game out of the IWBTM series. Introducing...TABOO WORDS. Started quickly, but got boring fast. Balancing was fucked from shit luck, some rules were iffy...but it worked enough to end the game as...
TOWN. EVERYONE ELSE (any Neutral) LOSES.

You are town-sided. Once per night, you may visit a player and place a taboo word on them. You do not get to pick the word, but assuredly, it will be slightly common...however, be warned that you have a taboo word to start out with. If anyone says anyone's taboo word, the person with the taboo word dies. People can hold more than one taboo word
___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ___

Role Owner: Daniel-san, Explorer/Fluff/Mark
Game: 6
Host: Kitty
Description: You are...the first game on IWBTF hosted by Kitty, probably not the first mafia game he's hosted though. Theme? WEREWOLVES. Also a ridiculously long game...Venser's growing alliance of trust with JCM, tijit, and himself; Evan starting off, Ybbald not STFU after dying. DD made a large impressive stand for himself (terrible, but did its job in delaying everything). Alas, the mafia fell but the town didn't know what hit them by the end game rush with...
WOLVES.

You are mafia-sided. You may visit one player each night and one of three things will occur based on a die:
1, 3, 4: They will be disabled and unable to do anything the next night.
2, 5: Blinded and unable to vote the next day
6: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WILL HAPPEN~

Role Owner: Lt. Ragnarok/Lt. Sibare
Game: 7.5B
Host: SilentLoner
Description:Something around the 12-13th mafia game. Also one of a pair. You, and an alternative are like two sides of the same...fuck it, but coins are involved anyway. Sadly running two games turned out to be a flop. Ended as...
INCOMPLETE.

You are neutral-sided. However, you know there are coins out there. Each night you can raid one player. Additionally, as one of a pair, you would like to cooperate with your alternate reality. You automatically share whatever coins you and your alternate have (gaining whatever their effects are).

Role Owner: ???
Game: 7.5A
Host: SilentLoner
Description:Something around the 12-13th mafia game. Also one of a pair. You, and an alternative are like two sides of the same...fuck it, but coins are involved anyway. Sadly running two games turned out to be a flop. Ended as...
INCOMPLETE.

You are neutral-sided. However, you know there are coins out there. Each night you can raid one player. Additionally, as one of a pair, you would like to cooperate with your alternate reality. You automatically share whatever coins you and your alternate have (gaining whatever their effects are).

Story:
: Prologue • show

It was a day of the unusual on I Wanna Be The Forums: Announcements! were important, General! was specifically about IWBTG, Suggestions and Bug Reports had some legitimate discussion, Help! wasn't about Gamemaker, Other Games! had an IWBTP update...just kidding. Crap! Had interesting intelligent discussion, General Discussion didn't have an MLP update, Serious Discussion spoke of the detailed background of taking a shit, Game Design discussed the physics of games OTHER than platformers, NSFW was actually NSFW, and General Games...

...General Games is where the events of our predicament began.

"We should have a sequel mafia game." said an unnamed (but-if-he-had-one-would-probably-be-generic-and/or-shitty) member
"White People" remarked a gloved member who seemed to be having an off day as much as the forums itself
"We should just ban displacement" continued the local facemaderator
"Penis up the butt" mentioned an oldfaggot
"FHDSALGJADSLGN DFSKHLC" screamed a member in pony withdrawal.

Diverse discussion continued this way for the next several hours until it became like a general thread on /vg/...
"My mafia game is better than your mafia game!" cried a member who had not yet even hosted a mafia game on the forums.

There was only one way to settle this. The only way the members knew how, as a certain state of matter suggested: a game of mafia.

END OF PROLOGUE, DAWN OF THE FIRST DAY

: Day 1 Start • show

"A mafia game to compare mafia games? Seriously? That wouldn't be too self-referential, would it?"
"Forget about the technicalities, let's just see how this plays out. If anything, I'd worry more about it referencing other things."

The two mysterious non-players fade back into the blue background of posts. John dies too.
END OF ACT 1: ACT 1
STILL BREAKING DAWN OF THE FIRST DAY

: Day 1 End • show

"What a terrible night for a curse..." and with that, the forums went dark and a thread was struck, it was...IWBTM 4X.0. By freak mutation, the curse morphs it to IWBTM 4X.5: Dusk of the first day.

Various UFOs have been sighted, their presence seems to carry no malice this time around, but instead drop various gifts. Items have been released: Piiii~!

: Day 2 Start • show

Mafia here~
Mafia there~
Mafia...nowhere...

A hoard of google bots suddenly started homing in on one mafia game, flooded it, tore its flesh and ate its history. (THIS IS TOTALLY HOW THE INTERNET WORKS GUYS). Only a broken image of the title post could be found afterwards- due to the recent actions, it was bumped to the front page for everyone to see.

A thread died last night, it was...A MAFIA...game. IWBTM, Game 1, town-sided- was ruined last night. Its buttfucked, dead owner was Venser.

DAWN OF THE SECOND DAY. 48 HOURS REMAIN (until the next night >_>)
...Piiii~, an item has been scattered.

: Day 2 End • show

As a result of the boredom, the Mafia joined together to create a new entertainment show. IT'S TIME FOR...

Mafiamafia: THE EXPOSURE~
"Today we'll be taking a member of the audience for our special session~"
Suddenly the floor gives way below Mkid. Next thing he knows, he's in the spotlight on him, has an extra 10 grand of cash, and can't seem to find his pants. But the MC continues, " So what's your name?" before Mkid can get in a word the MC finishes for him, "Steve? Alright Steve, favorite color peach, favorite food steak, female-Don't Care, nerd-Don't Care, foreign guy-Don't Care, dog-Don't Care, favorite thing-BREAKING."

"All good? Let's go." A catapult flings him off to who-knows-where. He hits a bird face-first in mid-air, guess he won't remember this in the morning.

"And that wraps up our session of Mafiamafia: The Exposure~! Have a goodnight, good sleep, and remember that one or more of you will be dead in the morning. Good luck!"

It is now Night 2, IWBTM 4X.0 has also reawakened. You didn't really kill it, it just decided to have a little rest.

: Day 3 Start • show

Mkid has washed up into the forums again. That'll teach him not to try messing with the filters again.

Another thread was destroyed, nobody seems to know the cause. I guess that's what makes some things simply...amazing.

Valkama has been wrecked. He held onto IWBTM 3.5: Taboo words.

DAWN OF THE FINAL THIRD DAY. 2 weeks remain.

Piiii~ you guys know the drill

: Day 3 End • show

Contrary to former news reports, the moon did not crash and end the game. Actually, they were all busy wondering about the record-breaking length of the day, it was long enough that everyone forgot about the moon warning! Maybe there wasn't one in the first place, you'll never know now.

But one man, thirsted for the day to end, for night to begin, for the moon to rise, for the sun to set, for meat, for survival, FOR AMERICA.

Considering how retarded that was, the rest of you put him out of his misery minutes before he got his wish.

Fluff (aka Mark) has been lynched he was...MAFIA. Erm, well, not to be crying wolf or anything, but Mafia-sided Mafia. IWBTM 6: Werewolves. Shut up, you know what I mean.

: Day 4 Start • show

As everyone awoke from the also record-breaking night, they found, almost unsurprised, another mafia thread deleted. Sanctuary revealed this to be Lt. Sibare's game. Lt. Sibare has been killed. He was Neutral-sided Mafia IWBTM7.5B: Coins 2. As a bonus, you also get IWBTM7.5A in public role info.

IT IS NOW DAY 4. Lynch away.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 05:46:26 pm by Kudo »

Kudo.

• The Guy
  • Shin Megami Tennis
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaMafia the Mafia of Mafias: IWBTM 4X.0 [DAY 1-GAME OFF]
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 04:39:01 am »

Role PMs will be sent shortly.

EDIT: PMs sent. GAME ON.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 05:37:25 am by Kudo »

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
  • What. I'm busy right now.
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaMafia the Mafia of Mafias: IWBTM 4X.0 [DAY 1-GAME ON]
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 07:12:20 am »

Oh shit this has started

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 07:21:45 am »

Just woke up yo a role pm, this morning is glorious.

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 01:01:20 pm »

White People
Ybbald: I read that as "deadly venser"
Ybbald: and I was like
Ybbald: "when is venser NOT deadly?"

Arkhanno: We'll have to out-source to the US. I know of a great doctor with lifeguard training that can do anything with a 90% success rate

Evan20k: Sherlock Holmes didn't have 5 arms and 6 penises and lifeguard training

Dagnarok

• Neutral Good Moderator
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • Commander of the USP Talon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 01:22:42 pm »

White People

You're a 'White People'.  ):<
Quote from: Tilyami
Shuu is like the monkey's paw if the monkey's paw was a partridge.

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 01:38:52 pm »

White People
Venser is Shadow Queen Mafia Cop, calling it.

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 01:59:25 pm »

"White People" remarked a gloved member who seemed to be having an off day as much as the forums itself

Arkhanno: We'll have to out-source to the US. I know of a great doctor with lifeguard training that can do anything with a 90% success rate

Evan20k: Sherlock Holmes didn't have 5 arms and 6 penises and lifeguard training

sans

• Lurks IWBTF 24/7
  • man. isn't my brother cool?
    • View Profile
    • Luigi Floating On An Egg Over A Sea
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 02:11:19 pm »

My mafia game is better than your mafia game! D:
MkidTrigun is and idiot for not recognizing the fact that Venser has edited this quote.

Dagnarok

• Neutral Good Moderator
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 02:20:39 pm »

My mafia game is better than your mafia game! D:

BITCH!

I love you. <3

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 02:28:33 pm »

There better be some fuckin' tree stumps in this shit

Dagnarok

• Neutral Good Moderator
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 02:59:28 pm »

EVERYONE CLAIM TREESTUMP!

Wait... Pokota already did that. <_<

liquidCorgster

• Signature Moderator
  • The Guy
  • hanged man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2012, 03:23:21 pm »

hi guys

Neo

• God of Music. Also, Mort was sexually assaulted by Bidoof.
  • HUZZAH
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 04:00:38 pm »

I woke up and mafia was here! It's like Christmas.

I thought we'd have to wait til 2013
So you gonna fight me with that thing?
Damn turrets. Damn Vinewalls. Damn Lasers.Damn Ceiling. Damn GUY

4/5/11 Never Forget.
Derf <3's Neo for making him a mod <3

I think we should just add to the rules that I'll be in every mafia by default.

Dagnarok

• Neutral Good Moderator
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2012, 04:50:13 pm »

It IS 2013.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10