I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I wanna be the Ragnarok  (Read 8467 times)

Yeigoc707

• YWH LOL
    • View Profile
I wanna be the Ragnarok
« on: January 09, 2012, 01:49:54 am »

:fruit: FIRST  :fruit:

okey.... Guys, I know what I was a idiot. Sorry really. I say sorry to Indigo, sorry to YoSniper and sorry to Benjax. Really sorry guys, I was in depresion and only I tryied to make a good game to make happy. Really sorry and 4 my english xD! :S.

:fruit: About the game  :fruit:
I am making a fangame like a RPG. The history of the game is you must kill the most powerfull enemy of the Ragnarok World. Satan Morroc. You start in a city, that's name is Prontera.

:spikes: THE GAME IS BASED ON A ONLINE GAME. IS THE SAME NAME, RAGNAROK.  :spikes:

PD:  :kid: Very thanks to YoSniper who helped me very much!!!, thanks ^^ :kid:

link V0.2 :

http://www.mediafire.com/?6f81rvt4o54vlcb

Version with fixed thigs :

http://www.mediafire.com/?kmosdpz4c13pa3w

[18/01/12]
Link V0.6 :

http://www.mediafire.com/?cu5rbeufgff46og

In this version :
 :fruit: 1 Boss.
 :fruit: 5 Areas.
 :fruit: New Monsters.
 :fruit: Fixed the problem in the water area.
 :fruit: 4 new skills
 :fruit: Buy System (Not Completed)

NEW VERSION!

[3/2/2012] :
http://www.mediafire.com/?y5164rbrzdtfadt

SCREENSHOTS :
[/s]http://imageshack.us/g/502/19464442.jpg/

Special thanks to :
YoSniper, who helped me with the damage system
Kirby Mario, who translated some parts of my game, I will put a option to translate the game. English - Spanish
Thanks ^^

:fruit: HELP  :fruit:

To see your current skills, click in your PJ's stat (In the left up corner). It will show you some skills to help you.
To enter in some areas, pick up things, you must touch it and press the key "Up".

To exit the game, press "ENTER", then click on Exit. That's all.
Note : The pause menu will be more epic. So wait a new version :3
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 05:59:41 pm by Yeigoc707 »

Berry Punch

• Kitty's BFF
  • 40 proof noggererer.
    • View Profile
Re: I wanna be the Ragnarok
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 02:24:38 am »

As far as I can tell, it sucks because I can't get past the fucking portal.
Also the controls are confounded and I had literally no idea what they were.
Music repeats every 5 seconds making it god awful.

Idea is good, execution sucks.
Download this [ABANDONED] shit that nobody cares about: I wanna be PHAT!

Yeigoc707

• YWH LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 11:42:57 am »

As far as I can tell, it sucks because I can't get past the fucking portal.
Also the controls are confounded and I had literally no idea what they were.
Music repeats every 5 seconds making it god awful.

Idea is good, execution sucks.

Ouch!, Sorry, I forget fix that, You must get in the center of the portal and press "^" (Up) Really sorry I will put the exe again, Thanks ^^

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 11:54:48 am »

>Screenshots

YoSniper

• Code blooded. Check it and see.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 12:18:19 pm »

So I played it briefly, but without sound because I'm at work (shhh)

I think it's an interesting idea to have a health bar, although it seemed to make very little difference given that your health can be drained almost instantly by a single enemy (might want to consider adding an invincibility period, but with harder hits.)

You refill your health when you save, but I find it weird that full health is 93 HP. Why 93? Was there something wrong with 100?

Granted, the whole game is in Spanish and I couldn't understand any of it. As a result, I wouldn't have guessed that the up arrow had any role in the game if I hadn't read this thread prior to playing.

The enemies are too great in number, which leads to monotony. They don't attack unless you shoot them first (I'm referring to the pink puffy things. This could be different for other enemies.) And once they're homing in on you, you can easily guide them into spikes.

The kid's jump seems much lower than usual.

Some enemies drop flashing gray apples. You can pick them up with the up arrow, but I can't figure out what they do.

Some traps have good effects, but the overall level design seems bland and unimaginative. Whatever direction this game has is unclear to me. Seems like the pieces are there, but the big picture isn't.
I don't traverse the forums as much anymore. Follow me on Twitter if you want to keep tabs on me!

Twitter: @YoSniperGames
Twitch: yosniper

Streams happen whenever I feel like it.

Yeigoc707

• YWH LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 12:43:17 pm »

So I played it briefly, but without sound because I'm at work (shhh)

I think it's an interesting idea to have a health bar, although it seemed to make very little difference given that your health can be drained almost instantly by a single enemy (might want to consider adding an invincibility period, but with harder hits.)

You refill your health when you save, but I find it weird that full health is 93 HP. Why 93? Was there something wrong with 100?

Granted, the whole game is in Spanish and I couldn't understand any of it. As a result, I wouldn't have guessed that the up arrow had any role in the game if I hadn't read this thread prior to playing.

The enemies are too great in number, which leads to monotony. They don't attack unless you shoot them first (I'm referring to the pink puffy things. This could be different for other enemies.) And once they're homing in on you, you can easily guide them into spikes.

The kid's jump seems much lower than usual.

Some enemies drop flashing gray apples. You can pick them up with the up arrow, but I can't figure out what they do.

Some traps have good effects, but the overall level design seems bland and unimaginative. Whatever direction this game has is unclear to me. Seems like the pieces are there, but the big picture isn't.

This is my first beta. The HP will be in 80. Because you will level up and your health will increase. About the Gray Apples, when you take them, use it to throw to the porings (with the "X" key). Repeat, this is my first beta and I will repair all :) Thanks ^^

wow I forgot something, can you help me to the Invencibility peroid? :c
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 12:55:11 pm by Yeigoc707 »

YoSniper

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 01:39:48 pm »

This is how I would go about it.

First, add this to the player's Create Event:
Code: [Select]
invincibleTimer = 0;
Then, add this to the player's Step Event, likely near the top:
if invincibleTimer > 0 {invincibleTimer -= 1;}
And for every part of your game that involves decreasing the player's health (such as running into enemies,) you would put something like this:
if player.invincibleTimer == 0 {
    player.invincibleTimer = 50; //Gives the player 1 second of invincibility
    player.hp -= 5; //Takes off 5 HP
}

The variable names might be different in your game, but you should be able to understand how to make this work.

Also, if you want the player to flash while he is invincible, you can put this in the player's Draw Event:
draw_sprite_ext(sprite_index, image_index, x, y, image_xscale, image_yscale, image_angle, c_white, invincibleTimer mod 2);However, that won't work if you are using Lite.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 01:47:04 pm by Derpface Pony (YoSniper) »
I don't traverse the forums as much anymore. Follow me on Twitter if you want to keep tabs on me!

Yeigoc707

• YWH LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 02:20:29 pm »

This is how I would go about it.

First, add this to the player's Create Event:
invincibleTimer = 0;
Then, add this to the player's Step Event, likely near the top:
if invincibleTimer > 0 {invincibleTimer -= 1;}
And for every part of your game that involves decreasing the player's health (such as running into enemies,) you would put something like this:
if player.invincibleTimer == 0 {
    player.invincibleTimer = 50; //Gives the player 1 second of invincibility
    player.hp -= 5; //Takes off 5 HP
}

The variable names might be different in your game, but you should be able to understand how to make this work.

Also, if you want the player to flash while he is invincible, you can put this in the player's Draw Event:
draw_sprite_ext(sprite_index, image_index, x, y, image_xscale, image_yscale, image_angle, c_white, invincibleTimer mod 2);However, that won't work if you are using Lite.

WoooooooooooooooooW thaanks very much :D, But when I put this code : draw_sprite_ext(sprite_index, image_index, x, y, image_xscale, image_yscale, image_angle, c_white, invincibleTimer mod 2); the player is invisible, exept when touches a enemy! what happens?

YoSniper

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 02:27:54 pm »

WoooooooooooooooooW thaanks very much :D, But when I put this code : draw_sprite_ext(sprite_index, image_index, x, y, image_xscale, image_yscale, image_angle, c_white, invincibleTimer mod 2); the player is invisible, exept when touches a enemy! what happens?
Sorry, I got my 0 and 1 mixed up. Put this in the draw event instead:
draw_sprite_ext(sprite_index, image_index, x, y, image_xscale, image_yscale, image_angle, c_white, 1 - (invincibleTimer mod 2));
invincibleTimer mod 2 is 0 when invincibleTimer is even, and 1 when it is odd.

Yeigoc707

• YWH LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 03:43:11 pm »

New version!!! Check the description :)

And Thanks again YoSniper :D

YoSniper

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 04:03:05 pm »

Downloaded the new version, and the invincibility seems to be working ok.

Managed to get to the water area, and I found a bug. On the second screen of the water area, I got to the first current, and when I got to the end of the wall, I got forced through the ground and into a spike below.

Also, you should add a Close Button event to the world object that ends the game, because I personally find it annoying that the only way to close the game is to hit Esc.

Overall, this doesn't really feel like an IWBTG fangame, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The room layouts seem pretty much the same all around; they could use some variety.

Also, I tried pressing X to use an apple I picked up, but nothing happened.

Yeigoc707

• YWH LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 04:33:28 pm »

Downloaded the new version, and the invincibility seems to be working ok.

Managed to get to the water area, and I found a bug. On the second screen of the water area, I got to the first current, and when I got to the end of the wall, I got forced through the ground and into a spike below.

Also, you should add a Close Button event to the world object that ends the game, because I personally find it annoying that the only way to close the game is to hit Esc.

Overall, this doesn't really feel like an IWBTG fangame, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The room layouts seem pretty much the same all around; they could use some variety.

Also, I tried pressing X to use an apple I picked up, but nothing happened.

Yeah, but the bug of the water is problem from the engine. I'll also try to fix it. About the unrine apple. Sorro xD!, I fixed that, because now you can't throw it, Because now you can use it to restore your HP Pressing 3 :c, Sorry 4 that ^^. Thanks 4 all :)

PD: In the part when you meet the warlock, he unlock an abilty; Jack frost. Press F9 to active it (But you must be in Open Sky) and It runs. For best performance throw it in the room where are the Porings (pink balls)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 04:36:55 pm by Yeigoc707 »

GIRAFFE MAN

• Restricted
  • There's more than 777 giko cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 08:03:28 am »

IWBTR is a RPG platformer, you're great with that!! :D
I downloaded a lot of IWBTG fangames!
I LAV JAPANESE!!11!!!!!1!ONE!!!!!11
Anyway, here's my games and ones that i'm working on:
I Wanna Be The Platinum [THE TERRIBLE!!] (100% done)
I Wanna Be The Platinum 2 [FTW!!] (work in progress, alpha 1 coming soon)
I Wanna Be The Only Noob [ROBLOX VS THE WORLD] (work in progress, alpha 1 coming soon)

Kirby Mario

• Em... (say something intelligent) I like Waffles!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 10:40:08 am »

You should put the game in English i can't help you in that, here the first part of the game (the tutorial)

How To Play:
Welcome to Ragnarok, we will begin with the basics controls .
To open the inventory press ''I'' and to select and item press the button where is selected
To take the items go to the item and press ''^'' (up)
Up you can see your character (PJ),There are your stats:Your health and your Mana (Magic Powers)

The Hp will consume slowly if you collides with an enemies
                                                                                        Z to close
You didn't tell us how to use magic powers ¬¬
Edit: if you found some errors tell me because i don't know english very well

EditII:
When You found that Giant Monster:

In the Blue font: Its You!

After: What I Gone trough to get here...

When you Found Jack Frost:
Hey, Friend i'm sorry for all the spells
i was leveling up killing monsters.
Its don't Bother  you if i join your party?
Ok if you want to call me just press F9 and try to use finely your mana ^^ 

So after i got the Water Bug so i restarted the game and go to the Right i killed that Evil harpy or something appeared in a room with some Spikes passed the room and then died.?why i died? well i think you could fix that :D nice RPG ;D
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 04:02:12 pm by Kirby Mario »

Yeigoc707

• YWH LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 12:23:44 pm »

You should put the game in English i can't help you in that, here the first part of the game (the tutorial)

How To Play:
Welcome to Ragnarok, we will begin with the basics controls .
To open the inventory press ''I'' and to select and item press the button where is selected
To take the items go to the item and press ''^'' (up)
Up you can see your character (PJ),There are your stats:Your health and your Mana (Magic Powers)

The Hp will consume slowly if you collides with an enemies
                                                                                        Z to close
You didn't tell us how to use magic powers ¬¬
Edit: if you found some errors tell me because i don't know english very well

EditII:
When You found that Giant Monster:

In the Blue font: Its You!

After: What I Gone trough to get here...

When you Found Jack Frost:
Hey, Friend i'm sorry for all the spells
but i was leveling up killing monsters.
Its don't Bother  you if i join your party?
Ok if you want to call me just press F9 and try to use finely your mana ^^ 

So after i got the Water Bug so i restarted the game and go to the Right i killed that Evil harpy or something appeared in a room with some Spikes passed the room and then died.?why i died? well i think you could fix that :D nice RPG ;D

Woow thanks man :D, now I am uploading a new version. But this version is fixing some bugs and more FSX. Later I'll fix the horrible bug of the sea part. Thanks 4 all men :). Oh and I am making a new boss. But it isn't complete. Thanks again :)
Pages: [1] 2