I Wanna Be The Forums!
December 19, 2014, 04:33:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 53
  Print  
Author Topic: DraconicQuest III: Shadow of the Dusk  (Read 16480 times)
Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2011, 12:16:00 pm »

You get a kick, rather painless in comparison to the ropes.

You see clearly as you're dragged through the dark, narrow corridors, and out into a large room, with monstrous looking statues all around it. There's a roaring crowd below the stage you're lying on, and a balcony running around the top of the walls, where the more wealthy looking people are gathered. They spit at your group, shouting all kinds of rude words. At the edge of the stage is a massive altar, crafted with obsidian, and smeared with blood.

Things aren't going so well. You turn your neck to look at your resources. You've got two children, an overgrown puppy, (who, to your amusement, is wearing a muzzle) a sleeping old man and a wizard. You reckon they definitely want you to die last, as a finale. You can only imagine what the city's official charges against you are.

You then take a quick look at the threats and problems. The armed guards everywhere, the massive crowd that wouldn't be happy to see you go, the impending danger of execution, and the quickly decreasing amount of time you have to think. Most of the others seem conscious, and that blasted girl is staring at you like a scared puppy. It's really putting you off.
Logged
DraconicDescendant
Moderator
The Guy
*****
Posts: 1991


Sexy-ass smoke ganks


View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2011, 12:23:50 pm »

"So, how's this for a grand exit? It's a better death than most people will...ever get. Ha. He he ho ho...shit."
Logged

Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2011, 12:30:33 pm »

Each of the others are lying on the ground and surrounded by guards. The other are conscious and struggling, but the others are asleep. You reckon you might just be able to pull off a small bit of magic. Perhaps you could cause a distraction...
Logged
DraconicDescendant
Moderator
The Guy
*****
Posts: 1991


Sexy-ass smoke ganks


View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2011, 12:36:09 pm »

> Snap my finger, set a noble on fire
Logged

Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2011, 12:37:21 pm »

You can't snap your finger, but you manage to set off a few small sparks a few metres away from you. The massive crowd notices, laughing.
Logged
DraconicDescendant
Moderator
The Guy
*****
Posts: 1991


Sexy-ass smoke ganks


View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2011, 12:55:51 pm »

> Get angry

"Dare you laugh...AT ME!?"

> Try harder
Logged

Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2011, 01:21:19 pm »

You get angry. You feel the magic intensifying within you. You unleash a shower of sparks, which causes the people on the balcony to clear off, and all the guards to surround you! The old man stirs a little, grumbling nonsense in his sleep.
Logged
DraconicDescendant
Moderator
The Guy
*****
Posts: 1991


Sexy-ass smoke ganks


View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2011, 01:39:12 pm »

"YOU CAN'T HOLD ME WITH THESE SHACKLES!"

> Try to send out an intense pulse of electricity
Logged

Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2011, 04:47:28 pm »

You send out a mild jolt, stunning one guard slightly. The others lie on top of you, holding you down easily. There's one guard left beside the old man, not seeming to pay attention to you.
Logged
DraconicDescendant
Moderator
The Guy
*****
Posts: 1991


Sexy-ass smoke ganks


View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2011, 04:50:32 pm »

"Don't let me down here!"

> Try to launch ice crystals at guard
Logged

Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2011, 05:04:06 pm »

The soldier gets knocked back by the unexpected hailstone, and falls over the man, who quickly wakes up, and rolls across the stage.

"THE ESSENCE AND THE PLAGUE!"

All of the other soldiers dart towards him. You feel more alert after your use of magic, and you think you may be able to slowly untie yourself.
Logged
DraconicDescendant
Moderator
The Guy
*****
Posts: 1991


Sexy-ass smoke ganks


View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2011, 05:16:34 pm »

> Untwist the silver bonds, get out

> Get out

> GET OUT
Logged

Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2011, 05:24:41 pm »

You slowly unravel the silver bonds, and throw them to the side. You feel rejuvenated! The soldiers run towards you, silver swords raised high, three coming from different directions!
Logged
DraconicDescendant
Moderator
The Guy
*****
Posts: 1991


Sexy-ass smoke ganks


View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2011, 05:27:40 pm »

"Burn."

> Snap fingers, scorch flesh
Logged

Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2011, 05:42:53 pm »

You turn one of the heavily armoured soldiers into a pile of ash. The other two take panicked steps back, as two more draw their swords, and the crowd starts angrily climbing up onto the stage. You'd estimate there are hundreds of them here, and while you wouldn't mind killing them, that'd probably tire you out.

You remember something vague about having weapons bound to you.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 53
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!