I Wanna Be The Forums!
December 20, 2014, 07:25:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 155
  Print  
Author Topic: Velocityquest II  (Read 74046 times)
DraconicDescendant
Moderator
The Guy
*****
Posts: 1991


Sexy-ass smoke ganks


View Profile
« on: April 22, 2011, 06:32:25 pm »

You are suspended in darkness, bare, starving, thirsty, broken. You slowly begin to descend, a sea of stars appearing beneath you. The stars are so numerous, so expansive, and appear in such great density that they make the void beneath you light up in complete whiteness. You gain velocity, speed, accelerating, stars rushing past you, until you feel that you are traveling at the speed of light. Slowly the stars fade away, and you begin to dimly become aware that you are not traveling at the speed of light, you are actually quite stationary. You aren't zooming past stars either, your face is on the ground. However, you do feel thirsty, starved, and heavily injured. You open your eyes, blurred vision obscuring lighted text floating in front of your face. You slowly wake up, your body encased by a suit of battle armor, capable of withstanding heavy abuse. Your helmet visor is cracked, the last message your HUD displayed is stuck on the screen.

HEAVY INJURIES SUSTAINED, EMERGENCY SIGNAL ACTIVATED
Logged

Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 06:44:23 pm »

Try moving my neck around, to see where I am.
Logged
DraconicDescendant
Moderator
The Guy
*****
Posts: 1991


Sexy-ass smoke ganks


View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 06:53:26 pm »

Looking around, you see a muddy landscape, patches of green scattered around. A purple flower rests in the light of two moons, illuminating the sky. The landscape around you is littered with dead bodies, dressed in battle armor similar to yours. However, there are two distinctive shapes and patterns. You think you're dressed in armor with a silver coloring, streamlined around your body. Some corpses share this armor, but you see that about half of them are of a different species, with a more pronounced hunch, and claws of some kind, feral legs, like those of the wolf. They seem to have some kind of natural carapace as well, but the most defining feature is an extra set of arms.

It appears that the enemy wore armor with a tan color, streamlined, but with black stripes, and thicker armor.

You see a weapon, which you assume to be yours, a few meters away.
Logged

Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 06:56:54 pm »

Slowly crawl over to it, and try using it to pull myself up.
Logged
DraconicDescendant
Moderator
The Guy
*****
Posts: 1991


Sexy-ass smoke ganks


View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 07:01:09 pm »

You crawl over to your weapon, feeling a heavy pain whenever your left leg shifts even slightly. You hear a beeping in your ears, perhaps a warning system in your armor. You pick up the assault rifle, finding it to be completely empty. You're not going to be able to walk, you think your leg is broken in multiple places.

Over a small hill, you think you hear clanking, something is moving.
Logged

Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 07:10:51 pm »

Play dead face up, hoping the visor will hide my blinking.
Logged
DraconicDescendant
Moderator
The Guy
*****
Posts: 1991


Sexy-ass smoke ganks


View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 07:14:51 pm »

You hear the moving stop, and then you continue to hear the clanking.

After a moment, you are startled by a loud BANG, someone discharging a weapon into what you assume to be an injured soldier.

The thing moves over the hill, into view. It appears to be one of the non-human combatants, on the enemy side. It stops and nudges a body of one of your fallen soldiers with its foot, and watches it intently for several seconds before moving on to a corpse several meters away from you.
Logged

Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 07:22:09 pm »

Roll away slowly into cover when it's looking in another direction.
Logged
DraconicDescendant
Moderator
The Guy
*****
Posts: 1991


Sexy-ass smoke ganks


View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 07:25:43 pm »

Your leg stings, and you think it may have heard you, seeing as how it looks in your direction immediately afterward. It begins to cautiously move toward you, an exotic mandible becoming apparent, four sharp extensions on each corner of its mouth flexing outward.
Logged

Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 07:33:19 pm »

Close my eyes, hold my breath, and stay perfectly still.
Logged
DraconicDescendant
Moderator
The Guy
*****
Posts: 1991


Sexy-ass smoke ganks


View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 07:36:27 pm »

The footsteps get closer and closer, as the creature approaches you.

You hear the rev of an engine in the distance. The creature stops, and you hear it run off.

You hear a vehicle pull up nearby. You hear people talking.

"He should be over there. Keep on guard, though. There might be a few scavengers cleaning up."
Logged

Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 07:50:39 pm »

"There was... Ran off when it heard you... Thanks for that..."
Logged
DraconicDescendant
Moderator
The Guy
*****
Posts: 1991


Sexy-ass smoke ganks


View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 07:56:53 pm »

"Well well, we found our man."

Two people come up to you. One is in white and red armor, and is one of the creatures that you are unfamiliar with. The other is in blue armor, and is human.  They both carry assault rifles, you hear a third person in the vehicle, talking over a radio. The vehicle appears to be a large transport vehicle, and is also armed with a heavy machine gun.

The man examines you. "Are you hurt, soldier?"
Logged

Velocity
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 388


And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 08:11:25 pm »

"Left leg... in a lot of pain, and I can't really rememeber a lot. I think I fell from something, a ship?"
Look to the alien.
"If we're fighting these aliens, why are you on our side? And.. what is your species called again? I'm just... ugh... Not a good day."
Logged
DraconicDescendant
Moderator
The Guy
*****
Posts: 1991


Sexy-ass smoke ganks


View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 08:23:29 pm »

"He's delirious," says the alien in a gruff, scratchy voice.
"Come on, son. We need to get you out of here."

You are picked up and put into a chamber in the back of the vehicle, the alien removes your helmet and begins hooking your suit up to a medical system, applying a moist paste to your mouth that quenches your thirst and assuages your hunger. "We will get back to base shortly, we're going to look for more survivors."

The alien closes the chamber, sealing you inside in a calming, blue light. The medical system plugged into your suit begins analyzing your injuries, slowly your leg goes numb.

"INJURIES ANALYZED, APPLYING NANO REPAIR GEL."

Your leg begins to feel tingly. You hear the medic setting up somebody else, and then you feel the car begin to move.
Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 155
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!