I Wanna Be The Forums!
October 25, 2014, 01:20:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 58
  Print  
Author Topic: I Wanna Kill The Guy (4/8/2012)  (Read 236243 times)
Thenewgeezer

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 11, 2011, 03:27:04 pm »

This is a Game Maker game I am making called I Wanna Kill the Guy!

Before you download, please understand that this is UNFINISHED
The beta includes four fully finished chapters with the exception of an incomplete chapter 2 boss, and half of chapter 5 finished.
Completion time for first-timers with some IWBTG experience is roughly 5-10 hours.

Download link for (Version .052 (4/8/12))
http://www.mediafire.com/?mzs1u7npic9ch3u

Default Controls:
ESC: Menu
Z: Jump
X: Shoot
LEFT/RIGHT: Move
SHIFT: Pickup/Throw

• Version .052 •

• Map Screen added, you can travel to any Chapter you unlocked so far
• New path in Chapter 5 added
• Redid Challenges
• Added a Rupee and Shop system. Find Rupees, or get them from Challenges, and spend them at the shop, for Goodies
• Fixed numerous bugs from previous version
• Added Up and Down controls in the Config section
• Added to the Goodies section. Now with (Bodies) and (Misc) categories
• Nerfed some things, including bosses
• Took out Online for now
• Fixed the lag issue people were having later during the game

Beta Passwords: Chapter#
Takes you to whichever chapter, 1 through 5 (case sensitive)

=======================================================

Old Versions:

- Version .v051b -
-Fixed Challenges not showing up as complete
-Changed most of the Haunted House part in Chapter 4
-Fixed a couple glitches in Chapter 4
-Added more to the Robot Head you earn at Chapter 3
-Small Fixes here and there
-Added a few different weapons to choose from on Online mode. Use 1,2,3,4 to change weapons
-Made a password to skip to the Haunted House area (HHouse)

• Version .051 •
=======================
•Added the FMOD sound engine to the game. Game music does not restart anymore when you die, and an overall nicer sound to the game. Will probably add options to turn off/on restarting music soon
•Tweaked the whole game a little. Nothing big, just little things all around.
•Took out fast mode for now, might add a different mode rather than that.
•Added sounds to a few objects (Cannons, Disappearing Blocks, etc)
•Made the 3rd boss.. Easier? At least in my opinion.
•Added a text file to the game folder, giving credit to the songs that were used.
•And Sorry, nothing new in Chapter 5 yet. Going to work on that as soon as I can.

• Version .050b •

• New Title Screen
• Redid Chapter 5 (Not Much)
• Made Chapter 4 Boss Easier
• Tweaked Chapter 1 Boss
• Fixed where the blood wouldn't reset when you pressed R
• Fixed where you couldn't continue after the Dance Boss / Dying at the Dance Boss / The Item after the Dance Boss
• Fixed a Particle Issue
• Added a Couple Sound Effects here and there

• Version .050 •
• Online added! (Server offline atm) Compete with other people in the Arena, chat with others, and view Global stats!
• Half of Chapter 5 added, along with the Chapter 4 boss
• Redesigned a lot of the game! Check it out
• Redid Pacman boss/Made Exor Easier/Redid some of the Plant boss/Tweaked Boshy Boss/Made Boo boss Easier (Somewhat)
• Fixed where you couldn't skip rooms by going over them
• You can carry torches now with SHIFT key, or whatever your Interact key is.
• Redid alot of the engine; More efficient now.
• Added a couple levels in every Chapter
• Fixed where you couldn't jump sometimes on the edge of a wall
• New mouse cursor
• Your color in options changed your color scheme for a lot of things as well, including your bullet color!
• Fixed 10,000 more things

• Version .049 •
• Last half of Chapter 4 is complete! (Except the boss); 10+New Rooms
• New Challenges! 17 in total now, which makes 37 total coins to get now.
• New hat unlockable in Chapter 3 (hint: DDR)
• A lot of bug fixes (missing coins, editor, challenges, room transitions, etc)
• Time Trial Challenges added for Chapters 1-3
• Added a save for the second half of the Boshy Boss
• Redone Plant Boss in Chapter 2
• Tweaked some levels
• Made Exor easier, YET AGAIN

• Version .048 •
• An Intro is added! the song name is Ukigumo and the original animation is by DDDot. This took 2-3 days to make, and I'm glad I went through with it.
• Redid most of Chapter 2! Check it out!
• Changed a couple of things in Chapter 4 (No new levels)
• Tweeked the particle effects
• Fixed where when you exit the game and came back, the options file didn't load
• Fixed the menu position in big rooms (Almost...)

Version .047b
• Fixed where the platforms wouldnt go up on the plant boss

• Version .047 •
• New version of level editor is out! You can now create your own custom traps and add local stats to any object you want. Older maps will not work with the new version yet, sorry
•Fixed the Coin saving glitch, where it would not save your coin progress
•Fixed other random crap

Version .046c
• New Version of the Level Editor is out, Screenshot is Above^
• "Cleared" away the blocks at the start of Chapter 2. Was used for testing, sorry.

• Version .046 •
• Level Editor has been added! Create your own levels and share them with us!
• New hats are Unlockable
• Redid Chapter 1 a little
• the big boss of Chapter 1 has been REDONE
• Fixed Menu Issues / New Menu Transition
• New Save System
• You can now change Controls in Menu, and Disable Effects for slower computers
(I have not added anymore after the Chapter 4 miniboss still, but I hope you enjoy the new level editor to makeup for it, ha)

Version .046b
• Fixed a small Level Editor issue with saving
• Fixed where music wasn't looping
• Fixed the loading error when you hit R

•Version .045b•
-Fixed a weird bug where Exor would randomly appear after you talked to Ray in Chapter 3, making it impossible to progress
-Fixed room transitions in Chapter 4
-Added a password to skip the satellite part in Chapter 3. Password is "Sewers"

• • •Version .045• • •
•Half of Chapter 4 added, with a Miniboss at the end Smiley
•Added GOODIES, get enough coins and unlock hats/heads
•Fixed a random menu bug
•Fixed where you couldn't continue the chapter if you chose to fight the Chapter 3 Miniboss
•Fixed other random bugs that I forgot about
•Changed so the passwords are just "Chapter#"

Version .044
-Finished Chapter 3 Along with the Boss (No Chapter 4 yet)
-Added a Menu (ESC)
-Added Challenges when you beat a chapter
-Edited the title screen
-Made the Dance boss Optional for (Babies) :trololol:. Just Kidding
-23 Coins to Get Now
-Tweaked Boss 1 a little

Version .043c (1/16/11)

-Fixed a bug in Chapter 3 where transitioning from rooms would mess it up
-Fixed a bug where an error message would pop up if you used the password sometimes
-Fixed a minor Chapter 2 bug
-Made it so the game resets when you press ESC to avoid any variable mess-ups with your save
-Made so you can't skip a certain room in Chapter 2

Version .043 (1/13/11)

-Another NEW Menu. (Screenshot Below)
-Redone alot of levels in Chapter 1
-New sprite for the lasers
-New Chapter 1 music
-Added a coin in Chapter 1
-Lag Friendly-er at lava parts/boss 5
-Added Sound Effects.. Needs more... Will get to it soon Smiley
-Redid some of Chapter 2, also changed it from day to night
-New loading screen
-(Maybe) fixed the song issue for randomly stopping
-Fixed the issue where it would mess up transitioning from room to room

Version .042 (11/15/10)
-New Menu
-Different Death Animation (Temporary)
-Now can shoot 4 Bullets at once
-Nifty mouse cursor
-Other random tweeks

Version .041 (11/12/10)
    -Made Chapter 2 Boss easier
    -New Password System
    -Online coming soon
    -Fixed Miniboss2 bug

Version .04 (11/2/10)
    -Added a Coin in Chapter 3
    -More of Chapter 3 Added
    -New Chapter 1 Song
    -Added option at the beginning for game speed
    -Level Tweeks

Screenshots:

Suggestions? Glitches? Bugs?
Post them! Or email me at westjr001@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 12:30:59 pm by Thenewgeezer » Logged
Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 03:29:47 pm »

Played it. I added it to the list of the best fangames and the ones worth playing.
Thenewgeezer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 03:30:50 pm »

Thank you so much for that  , I really appreciate it  Smiley
Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 03:33:33 pm »

I updated it with a link to this thread as opposed to the mediafire link I had previous <3 http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/forums/index.php?topic=9797.msg268794#msg268794
Valkama
Anonly Asia O_O
The Guy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 05:28:04 pm »

there was alot of talk about this earlier. And alot of people here have already played the game, but I ask you, PLZ PLZ PLZ change the 5th boss its absolute garbage.

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 05:29:04 pm »

there was alot of talk about this earlier. And alot of people here have already played the game, but I ask you, PLZ PLZ PLZ change the 5th boss its absolute garbage.
I haven't played it. Anon care to give me a save so I can see for myself? <3
Jksnxia

I make short films too :3 Check out my youtube

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 07:18:36 pm »

I've found 9/12 coins and I've beaten the last boss (the dancing queen) so is there anymore?

Also  , here's my video on the last boss

Creativity and optimisim
flairina

Fear the light, it destroys all...

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 07:21:47 pm »

This is pretty awesome, though there are a few glitches. First off, the music doesn't restart sometimes if you press esc, then continue. Second, in the corridor with the second coin at the end, sometimes the spikes effect will start in the room with the save, making the next room near impossible if you don't use the glitch to your advantage.

I'm quite enjoying this; you seem to have hit the mark between "difficult" and "enjoyable" without being TOO cheap. Actually, I suggest you make a few MORE cheap traps, right now the game seems too FAIR for an IWBTG fan game. Still really fun though, please keep it up!

Right now I'm at the part where you encounter the giant yellow eyes. Hard boss, or at least I HOPE it's a boss.
Roler

Herm ba derm ba derm!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 07:33:18 pm »

*doesn't say anything at all because the game amazed* I HAVE ALL RESPECTS TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IWBTG FANGAME CREATOR MASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Squishy69

Amicitia est magicae

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 09:11:13 pm »

So this is where the IWKTG thread was *facepalm*.  Anyway gotta give mad props to you for what you have so far.  After dealing with the massive precision/frustration fest of I Wanna Be The Boshy this was a welcome relief.  True this game is easier then most others but the platforming segments are still challenging and you make every area have something new.  I really liked the jump-activated blocks toward the end Smiley

The first sword boss was annoying because of the whole jumping and firing needed to take out the eyes, plus the battle took much too long.  However despite what most everybody says the last boss was AWESOME!  You had four of my favorite things rolled into one: Cave Story, IWBTG, Space Channel 5 and Touhou music.  In fact the reason why I decided to try this game out was so I could take her on.  Timing for the button presses seemed a little off; sometimes I couldn't tell if I pressed a button too early or too late when I mess up.

Something you need to fix overall in the game are bottomless pits.  Rather then die you just disappear off-screen and nothing happens.  Also in one section with horizontal green platforms I barely touch them and they zip off, leaving me to do the double jump while I'm on the platform.  Rather annoying.

Still, fun game, cool bosses, and I'm liking the music.  Definitely fix that one music issue where it doesn't play when you resume the game.  Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 09:19:31 pm by SilentLoner » Logged

Party Hard
Wolsk

Wolsky McKitty :3

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 09:23:04 pm »

This game got fucked up so much in the same one spot.

It's hard to see, but I managed to save nearly inside of the spike going up, so I die every time I retry.

I managed to glitch the spikes, so they stopped flying up.
I was able to get the coin with no chance of being killed.
I also can't continue the game.
Also, what was I supposed to do in this section anyway? :/
Spikes flew around, and the game would break if I left the screen.

yeah
ebola is super funny lol
EBOLA (i still lmfao)
Thenewgeezer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 01:58:04 am »

Ah, the replies come in, thanks guys for the comments.

A new version will come out tomorrow, or today for me (1/12/2011)

This game got fucked up so much in the same one spot.

I managed to glitch the spikes, so they stopped flying up.
I was able to get the coin with no chance of being killed.
I also can't continue the game.
Also, what was I supposed to do in this section anyway? :/
Spikes flew around, and the game would break if I left the screen.

Yea, I didn't expect people to go back to the left, and that shouldn't happen. There is a way to avoid them without having to go back to the left, you just have to figure out where to go  Cheesy. I will fix this issue in the next version, thanks for the comment.

So this is where the IWKTG thread was *facepalm*.  Anyway gotta give mad props to you for what you have so far.  After dealing with the massive precision/frustration fest of I Wanna Be The Boshy this was a welcome relief.  True this game is easier then most others but the platforming segments are still challenging and you make every area have something new.  I really liked the jump-activated blocks toward the end Smiley

The first sword boss was annoying because of the whole jumping and firing needed to take out the eyes, plus the battle took much too long.  However despite what most everybody says the last boss was AWESOME!  You had four of my favorite things rolled into one: Cave Story, IWBTG, Space Channel 5 and Touhou music.  In fact the reason why I decided to try this game out was so I could take her on.  Timing for the button presses seemed a little off; sometimes I couldn't tell if I pressed a button too early or too late when I mess up.

Something you need to fix overall in the game are bottomless pits.  Rather then die you just disappear off-screen and nothing happens.  Also in one section with horizontal green platforms I barely touch them and they zip off, leaving me to do the double jump while I'm on the platform.  Rather annoying.

Still, fun game, cool bosses, and I'm liking the music.  Definitely fix that one music issue where it doesn't play when you resume the game.  Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the comment dude. There has been a few issues with people having the dance boss going off-sync, and one of the main issues of that is the lag of so much going on when it kicks in. Another issue is when people click out the window and click back in, it sometimes goes off beat too. My computer works almost perfectly, but I do need to tweek it a little to get it on rhythm more.

And the bottomless pit bug happens alot too when you transition to another room and you keep moving toward the edge of a wall. That can get annoying if you are used to rushing to get to another room. I will see what I can do in the next version.

And lastly, the green platform area you were talking about, is this perhaps the area right before the first survival part? Heh. That is annoying indeed, and I do need to make it a little more fair, so I agree with you on that.

That music issue. That damn music issue. This happens when you press ESC and you go back to resume the game? If so, I know what you are talking about and I will get to this issue very soon. And soon, as in, after I get some sleep  Smiley

I will fix all of this in the next version (hopefully). thanks for the feedback!

*doesn't say anything at all because the game amazed* I HAVE ALL RESPECTS TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IWBTG FANGAME CREATOR MASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh boy, I don't think I deserve that title at all, hahaha. There is much to do in this game before it can be classified as "professional". I personally think I rushed alot of parts and the game is sorta sloppy, but it's getting there. But anyways, thank you for that comment!! Smiley

This is pretty awesome, though there are a few glitches. First off, the music doesn't restart sometimes if you press esc, then continue. Second, in the corridor with the second coin at the end, sometimes the spikes effect will start in the room with the save, making the next room near impossible if you don't use the glitch to your advantage.

I'm quite enjoying this; you seem to have hit the mark between "difficult" and "enjoyable" without being TOO cheap. Actually, I suggest you make a few MORE cheap traps, right now the game seems too FAIR for an IWBTG fan game. Still really fun though, please keep it up!

Right now I'm at the part where you encounter the giant yellow eyes. Hard boss, or at least I HOPE it's a boss.

Mmmhm, those are a couple of annoying little bugs someone has mentioned before, and I will try my best to fix it in the next version. And yea, I think the game is a little easy right now, but after a couple chapters, the difficulty will pick up pace, but still have that original feeling hopefully. But thanks for the feedback!

I've found 9/12 coins and I've beaten the last boss (the dancing queen) so is there anymore?

Also  , here's my video on the last boss

As of now, there is nothing else after the dance boss. BUT, I watched your video of it, and I was really confusing as of why it stopped randomly during the song (the UPs, DOWNs, ect). It was really weird. Maybe I didn't realize how outdated my version is compared to the one im working on right now. That's really.. just weird. Haha. I saw it got a little off beat there in the song, and that is probably caused by the lag by the game and recording the game, which consumes your cpu or something, blah blah. Ill try to fix the lag in game tomorrow by removing some unnecessary effects. Thanks dude and nice videos!

You sure you mean the 5th boss? The dancing boss? Or the 4th boss? 2nd Exor Part. I read your guys little argument going on in the list thread, and it was entertaining. The 4th boss is more of a bullet hell, and the 5th boss (Chapter 3) is more of a timing thing. The lag does F it up a little, which could ruin the fun by a whole crapload. If you really don't like it, I will make an option to skip the dancing and just fight her old style, with guns  Tongue. And you have to understand that this is still in its testing stages, and of course its not even close to becoming a quality fangame as of now. But now that I started a thread for the game in this forum, I have to get off my lazy ass and do work. It's all good though, haha. But thanks for your concern

Valkama
Anonly Asia O_O
The Guy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 03:25:11 am »

quality fangame

lost
Btw that is not an insult to your game that just made me laugh.

also yeah I mean the 5th boss, I really think its stupid but thats just my opinion.

Thenewgeezer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 03:37:04 am »

quality fangame

lost
Btw that is not an insult to your game that just made me laugh.

also yeah I mean the 5th boss, I really think its stupid but thats just my opinion.

Well yeah I meant GOOD quality. Sorry if I happen to make a grammar mistake. Oh well.

And it just takes practice. Is there a specific attack you don't like? It isn't all that bad
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 05:52:54 am by Thenewgeezer » Logged
Valkama
Anonly Asia O_O
The Guy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 11:06:14 am »

The thing about quality fangame is you don't see that on these forums anywhere (one exception).

And I just don't like the concept of the 5th boss. The dancing just seems stupid to me.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 58
  Print  

Jump to: